News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Daily Reboot(s) required to maintain voice quality

Started by lindend, November 07, 2011, 04:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindend

I've been using the Obi110 for many months but for the last couple months, I've been having to reboot the device multiple times per day (at least 2-3) in order to maintain voice quality (caller only hears every other word etc).  After reboot, the device functions fine for several hours then falls back into the choppy audio bug.  I'm on the latest firmware.  First noticed this problem after a firmware upgrade (unfortunately I don't remember which firmware) and I'm on the latest firmware.

I've written a Linux script to reboot it remotely at night and that helps a bit, but it doesn't help during the day.  Any ideas how I can debug this?

theDot

Ditto for me, OBi110 was working perfectly before the firmware upgrade, but ever since I loaded that on a few days ago, my unit keeps bouncing itself and the connection won't stay up.

Someone from OBiTalk needs to address this, there's a bug in the firmware and there's no way to downgrade it back to the stable one. >:(

lindend

I don't know if it helps diagnose this problem, but my D-Link router sometimes reboots during the day. I have not tracked the choppy audio on the Obi to the D-Link reboot, but they could be related.

theDot, is your router stable when the problem occurs?

Mplsdan

I have been struggling with outbound audio quality, haven't tried rebooting as a strategy before. Obviously not a good solution long term, so I hope to see some solution posted here soon.

lindend

Bump....does anyone from ObiHai need logs or something to debug/fix this issue?  Using the 110 for voice calls used to be flawless but now its quite frustrating and the only variable is a firmware update.

posterChild

Just piling on.  We have had the same experience with dramatically reduced outgoing voice quality and a significant increase in dropped calls.  We are dropped multiple times a day, to the point that we won't use the Obi for 'important' calls and instead use our cell phones... and we're in the basement of our building, so that should give you an idea of how desperate we are.

What, if anything, is needed to help resolve these latest issues that seem to be highly correlated to the latest firmware (the one that, ironically, prevents rollbacks)?

OBiSupport

Please contact OBi support team by sending the email to support@obihai.com
with your 9 digit OBi No.
Do briefly describe the problem, Support will take care of it from there. 
Thank you.