News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Obi200 as a SIP Proxy

Started by NirM, July 07, 2021, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NirM

Hi,

For a new integration solution my comany is currently working on, i want to set the Obi200 as a SIP proxy and register to it several SIP clients. This will allow the SIP clients to make calls to cellular phones through Google Voice Services.

Can someone guide me how to set the Obi200 to be a SIP proxy and where should I set the SIP client information?

Thanks,
Nir

drgeoff

Quote from: NirM on July 07, 2021, 11:51:39 PM
Hi,

For a new integration solution my comany is currently working on, i want to set the Obi200 as a SIP proxy and register to it several SIP clients. This will allow the SIP clients to make calls to cellular phones through Google Voice Services.

Can someone guide me how to set the Obi200 to be a SIP proxy and where should I set the SIP client information?

Thanks,
Nir
It is not possible for an OBi to be a SIP proxy for more than one SIP phone to register to.

See the X_Proxy notes at the bottom of page 112 of the Admin Guide. That does appear to say that for models other than the now obsolete 100 and 110 the OBi can act as proxy for one SIP phone. http://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

However current firmware for the 200 and 202 appears to have a bug which causes some SIP phones to fail to register. In such cases, if the phone can make calls even when not registered, it will work.

Furthermore, the OBi200/202 only support the consumer version of GV which is not recommended for business use and your proposed use could be viewed by Google as contrary to their TOS. Those OBi devices do not support G-Suite services.