News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ringing SIP phone when GV has incoming call

Started by digitalgimpus, July 26, 2021, 10:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalgimpus

Using an old forum post[1] as a starting point, trying to get a SIP phone working with Google Voice via Obi.  So SP4 is essentially a SIP bridge, and SP1 is Google Voice.

Outbound calling works (horray!), however I've been struggling with inbound calling (boo).

SP1 (setup for Google Voice) tried using:
X_InboundCallRoute: {ph},sp4(sip@10.10.1.5:50040)

My ph phones ring, but not the SIP phone.  The IP is right, the port is what I got from the Call Status page.  I've also tried port 5060 with no success.  

I've also seen documentation suggest:
X_InboundCallRoute: {ph},sp4(fwd@127.0.0.1:5063)}

Which didn't work either.

So I'm curious if anyone has some insight on what I should be trying.  Seems there's something I'm not grasping, or a missing step.

1.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10626.msg69939#msg69939

drgeoff

Each rule is inside {}. Rules are processed left to right. First one to be satisfied is used and any subsequent ones are ignored.

{ph} is a rule with no conditional element so is always satisfied.  Therefore

{ph}, anything

will never do more than ring the PHONE port.

Try {ph,sp4(sip@10.10.1.5:50040)} assuming that 10.10.1.5 is the address of the IP phone and 50040 is the port it is listening on.

digitalgimpus

Thanks!  That was exactly my problem (misinterpretation).  Corrected and works now.

Hopefully the next person to try this will stumble upon this.

bbs71364

Hello! I'm having exactly the same problem, but in reverse! My SIP phone rings fine when my GV number is called, but I can't seem to call out. I used SP4 to serve as my SIP proxy to SP1 for GV.

1001 is my SIP ID. So my X_InboundCallRoute looks like {1001>(Msp1):SP1}

and when I dial a number from my SIP phone, I get nothing.

When my GV number rings, my SIP phone rings and I can answer and talk, but I just can't call out.

My SP1, GV X_InboundCallRoute is: {ph,sp4(1001)}

drgeoff

Quote from: bbs71364 on August 03, 2021, 01:36:14 PM
Hello! I'm having exactly the same problem, but in reverse! My SIP phone rings fine when my GV number is called, but I can't seem to call out. I used SP4 to serve as my SIP proxy to SP1 for GV.

1001 is my SIP ID. So my X_InboundCallRoute looks like {1001>(Msp1):SP1}

and when I dial a number from my SIP phone, I get nothing.

When my GV number rings, my SIP phone rings and I can answer and talk, but I just can't call out.

My SP1, GV X_InboundCallRoute is: {ph,sp4(1001)}

Your problem has no relation at all to the previous posts in this thread.

Is your unknown model of SIP phone successfully SIP registering to the OBi?

bbs71364

Apologizes- I'm using a Cisco CP-8861 3PCC phone. It is not registering, I have firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) and I have followed the steps mostly here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=229
Once I disabled call/answer without registering, inbound calls from GV rang the SIP phone, but I still can't dial from the SIP phone out.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide, I will also start a new post if needed. Please let me know what details you need from my end. Thanks!

drgeoff

Recent firmwares, including the one you mention, have a bug which prevents SIP phones from registering to them.

Try manually upgrading the firmware to the one which will be forced anyway in a few days time.  If still not registering despite correctly following the instructions, can the Cisco phone be set to make calls even if not SIP registered?