News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to do call recording on the OBi1062 / OBi1000 series

Started by SeanTek, August 23, 2017, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanTek

How can one do call recording on the OBi1062 (OBi1000 series of IP phones)? This question remains unanswered; I read some very old threads.

If the ITSP is Google Voice, incoming calls can be recorded by pressing "4". However, that does not solve outgoing calls, nor does it address calls using other telephony providers.

A workaround is to use an application on your PC for outgoing calls: either the application (e.g., Bria 5) supports call recording natively, or you can use an audio recording application like Audacity to record the microphone input and speaker output. This obviously has nothing to do with the OBi1000 per-se.

Another workaround might be to set up some kind of conference call with a SIP endpoint that just records the call. I do not know how intuitive and cost-effective (i.e., free) this would be, but I am throwing it out there as a suggestion.

SeanTek

Another possibility: capture the RTP stream from the OBi phone on another device, such as a PC. Requires Wireshark / tcpdump.

RayRay90

Quote from: SeanTek on September 03, 2017, 06:17:01 AM
Another possibility: capture the RTP stream from the OBi phone on another device, such as a PC. Requires Wireshark / tcpdump.

Hello, How do I do record the packets? I have a filter set to "sip or rtp". when I started the call (inbound and outbound) I notice the packets where not captured. Do I need to run a cable from my computer to the phone?

Thanks in advance.