News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Calls Complete But No Sound

Started by kandlg90, August 04, 2021, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kandlg90

Something has happened over the last couple of weeks and I can't use Google Voice:
1) Incoming and outgoing calls ring and can be answered, but there is no sound after the connection
2) Echo test works fine (**9-222-222-222) and I can hear the test and my voice echoed back
3) It is an Obi200 and I tried upgrading to new firmware (30 July 2021) and tried a factory reset
4) Deleted and added GV several times, including removing the device from GV completely
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

kandlg90

"In general, no audio on a call is caused by you, blocking something that Google Voice needs to work.
If you are using a VPN, it must not block WebRTC.
Do not block javascript, HTML5 nor WebRTC
Do not block any google.com cookies
Temporarily disable all browser extensions to see if audio now works. If it does, then selectively enable extensions one at a time, until you find the culprit."

Thanks for the response.  I've been using express VPN loaded on a router with the OBI for over a year as I am in a country that blocks VOIP.  I'll have to check with express VPN and see if they've changed something on their service.

SteveInWA

Yes, ExpressVPN did change something related to blocking WebRTC.  I suspect they now block it by default, vs. making it optional.  Disable blocking WebRTC.

I've seen at least three other reports of this in the past week from ExpressVPN users.