News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Seems I need a FW update for my OBi200

Started by Jackson, August 08, 2021, 10:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

Was just at my dashboard and noted that I need an update.  Thought I'd check here first but could not find any posts concerning it.  Phone is still working fine.   Any info?

thx

drgeoff

Quote from: Jackson on August 08, 2021, 10:14:12 AM
Was just at my dashboard and noted that I need an update.  Thought I'd check here first but could not find any posts concerning it.  Phone is still working fine.   Any info?

thx
All GV users will need that update sooner or later when Google starts using a new security certificate.

FormerYooper

For some reason, I am not able to reply on SteveinWA post RE: Important information for Poly OBiTALK consumer device use with Google Voice, so I will make the reply here in the hopes that he sees it. 

I have an OBi200.  I read Steve's update of August 8 stating that those whose device is under warranty will receive and auto-update to the new firmware & that those who are out of warranty will have to go to the provided link & manually download & install the firmware.

My device has been out of warranty for nearly 5 years now.  I logged into my account on Obitalk.com.  There was no yellow triangle indicating I needed to update.  Next, I logged into the IP address of my device to see what my current software version is.  It read 3.2.2 (Build 8680EX).  Next I went into the provided link for manually installing the firmware to see what version the new firmware was.  It was the very same version.  So, to make a long story short, my device apparently auto-updated even though it is out of warranty.  I also contacted a family member who also has an OBi200 that is out of warranty & found that their device auto-updated as well.  I am reporting this so folks who have an OBi device that it out of warranty check their current software version first to see if in fact their device auto-updated. 

lrosenman

The banner said all Obi's provisioned to google voice would get the update.  So, what you're seeing is what I would expect.

SteveInWA

The only one of my 4 OBiTALK devices that auto-updated was the one still under warranty, so YMMV.

It's nit-picking, though.  If it doesn't update itself, then you have two other options:  click the orange triangle next to the device on your OBiTALK dashboard, or download and install the update via the device's local web UI.