News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new Obitalk account, new Obi200 cant add device

Started by oldunixguy, August 11, 2021, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldunixguy

I have many Obi200 and a fully working Obitalk account with numerous google voice. A friend asked me to set him up with an Obi200. So a brand new Obi200 came from Amazon a few days ago. I created a new gmail.com account for him. Then created an Obitalk account.

I disconnected one of my obi200 from my net and telephone and put in the new Obi200. I began the process of logging in to Obitalk with his new account and then selected the "add device". I tested the **9 222 222 222 and that worked fine. So I proceeded to the add page. I issued the **5 code and got the servers audio message that the code had been sent to the server. HOWEVER the timeout countdown continued and then indicated the add failed.

I tried this several times and got the same result.

Next I decided the firmware notice about the Aug 5 changes must be the reason (unfortunately NOT) so I flashed the Obi200 with OBi2xx-3-2-2-8680EX.fw as directed.

I repeated the setup a dozen times more with the same failed results. I tried powering off and resets all to no avail. Each time I ran the **9 222 222 222 and each and EVERY time that worked!

I recalled back in prior to May I had a problem with one of my Obi200 after a power failure. I had to reload its firmware, delete it from my Obitalk account and then could not re-add it.... I struggled with this for a long time but in May figured out that back rev to PRIOR to Poly FW allowed me to add it back... see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17925.msg108308#msg108308

Well, I tried this approach again for this new account and Obi.... didn't work. I tried the 5 previous FW versions and they ALL failed to add the device even though **9 222 222 222 worked every time.

I flashed back to the OBi2xx-3-2-2-8680EX.fw and sent this info to support@obi. I was appalled at the reply that there is KNOWN problem  with **5 YET there is NOTHING on the Obitalk web page! The response also suggested to follow this https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?type=Troubleshooting__kav&lang=en_US&urlName=KB24053&t=All&k=

but I tried all kinds of timing combinations of resending the **5 and still the add fails. I even reflashed older FW again and varied the **5 code sending timing and resending as suggested in that link and NOTHING works!

The irony is that this new Obi200 can call the Obi numbers of my other Obi200 and also the server at 222 222 222.

If Polycom knows this is a problem then why don't I see info on this in the forum and why no solutions?

I'm (my friend) dead in the water and he needs this since he is moving to a new home now!

Does ANYONE have a solution?

regards
oldunixguy

ProfTech

I suggest that you forget about using Google Voice. If using a standard voip service provider [there are many] you don't need to use the Obitalk portal at all. I highly recommend Callcentric and it is simple to set up using the built-in web interface of the Obi 200. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

yellowjacket1974

drgeoff

Quote from: yellowjacket1974 on June 29, 2022, 09:10:31 PMWas there a resolution to this issue?
Yes that problem instance with the OBihai back end was fixed. Not saying there isn't another problem now but usually when there is a fault which affects all or many accounts the forum is awash with posts about it.

If you are having a problem, rather than ask in multiple old existing topics "has this been fixed" it is better to start a single new topic detailing exactly what problem you are having.

eulahali