News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Updated with wrong firmware

Started by smileobi, August 18, 2021, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smileobi

I have an OBI200. While updating the firmware I mistakenly downloaded the firmware for "OBi2000 Series IP Phones" (instead of the one for OBI200) and updated with it. It took me a while to realize the mistake. Now, if I try to update again with the right firmware it says the firmware is already of the latest version. The device seems to work fine. Should I leave it that way? Will resetting the device allow me to update the firmware? If I have to reset, I think I should first backup the configuration. When I back up the configuration should I check all these options: "Incl. Running Status", "Incl. Default Value" and "Use OBi Version"?

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking too many questions.

drgeoff

A reset will not help you.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the OBi200 accepted the firmware for an OBiPhone and even more surprised that the OBi200 appears to be working OK with it.

Are you sure that it took the wrong firmware?  What version firmware does the OBi200 report as having?

smileobi

That's a good point. I just checked the software version. It says 3.2.2 (Build: 8680EX) which is for obi200. So probably the first update didn't go through. But it didn't look like that when I was updating. I'm really confused. Anyway, the good thing is it's working now. Thanks for responding.