News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voice Gateway Caller ID

Started by CaptainSteubing, November 09, 2011, 09:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainSteubing

Howdy,

Quick question, if you send a call to a Voice Gateway is there any way to pass on the Caller ID of the Caller?

For example, I have VG1 set up as follows:

AccessNumber sp1(blah.blah.com)
AuthUserId 2356
AuthPassword bigbadpassword

When I send a call to VG1 say from the Line Port, the Caller ID is set to "AuthUserId" rather than the Caller ID that comes in from the Line Port. Am I missing something? Perhaps this is a feature request?

The X_SpoofCallerID is enabled on the SP1 ITSP Profile SIP Settings, and as such it works for everything else.

Any suggestions appreciated. Really starting to see the flexibility of these Obi units as I learn more and more about them.

Thanks!

RonR

Although the OBi is quite capable of passing CallerID as you want and as it's documented to do, Obihai has intentionally withheld this capability in order to offer it as an enhanced feature on future products.

CaptainSteubing

Quote from: RonR on November 09, 2011, 11:11:47 AM
Although the OBi is quite capable of passing CallerID as you want and as it's documented to do, Obihai has intentionally withheld this capability in order to offer it as an enhanced feature on future products.

Thanks RonR. Do you think it's worth it to put in a feature request for this?

*sigh* I guess it'll be just like the >2 Service Providers which seem to be part of their ObiPlus offering; which is a bit too much for what I'm looking for.

While I don't mind paying a one time fee for an enhanced feature set, I don't want to have to pay a recurring subscription fee.

RonR

Quote from: CaptainSteubing on November 09, 2011, 12:28:24 PM
Do you think it's worth it to put in a feature request for this?

I certainly wouldn't discourage you from making the request, but I've not had any luck doing so.

CaptainSteubing

Quote from: RonR on November 09, 2011, 12:41:20 PM
I certainly wouldn't discourage you from making the request, but I've not had any luck doing so.

Let's see if I can add some more fuel to your request too then. :) Thanks for your help.