News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Remote Calling via Obi200+ObiBT & Receiving Calls on GV App

Started by realjohny, June 18, 2021, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjohny

Hi everyone,

I have an Obi200+ObiBT setup at home paired with a mobile phone.

I want to achieve remote calling so that when I am traveling I can call Obi200 from the GV app on mobile that I carry. Here is what I want to achieve:

1- I want to use mobile phone paired with Obi200 for dialing out (remotely).

2- Sometimes I also want my call to ring on phone port when I want to talk with my family. I have a cordless attached to Obi200.

3- I want calls on the paired mobile phone to reach GV app on mobile that I carry when I travel.

Obi200 has GV on SP1.

I was helped in this forum with a little different scenario using Auto-Attendant but afraid I could mess things up if I try without a background. Please help to achieve this.

azrobert

PBXes.com is a service provider that offers a free account. There is a $15 one-time setup fee. The free account includes 2000 minutes a month with a max of 60 minutes per call.

They have a feature called Sub-PBX. You register your OBi200 as a Sub-PBX and a softphone on your mobile as an extension. You dial a number on the softphone and it is routed to the OBi200 via the Sub-PBX. Add code to the OBi200 InboundCallRoute for the Sub-PBX to route the number to BT1. No need for the Auto Attendant. If you're interested, I can help with the setup.

https://www1.pbxes.com/index_e.php

realjohny

Thank you for your reply.

I signed up at pbxes a few weeks back and have used it in past but the issue is that many countries I travel block SIP ports.  But GV is working even on mobile data in some countries where VoIP is probably restricted as call quality is very bad.

I have a separate GV on Obi200 at home and paired with a cell phone. I want to call GV on Obi200 from GV app on mobile and have two scenarios. One scenario is when my call should ring on phone port when I want to talk with my family. Second scenario is when I want to dial out through Bluetooth paired mobile phone. I also have a OBiLine adapter which I can use but not sure which one will be more stable OBiBT or OBiLine. For OBiLine case I have a Huawei 4G fixed terminal with FXO port which I can use.

Also if calls on mobile paired with obi200 can reach GV app on mobile that I carry it will be awesome.

GV on Obi200 and mobile app have separate numbers.

azrobert

The only way to accomplish your requirements is to use the Auto Attendant.

OBi200
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{+1222333444:aa},{ph}

Voice Services -> ObiBlueTooth 1 -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx|xx.S3)

Voice Services -> ObiBlueTooth 1 -> InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp1(2223334444)

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute:
{222333444:aa},{ph}

Replace 2223334444 with your mobile GV number

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line: OBiBlueTooth

Call the OBi200 GV number or landline number from your mobile GV app.
You can test to see which is more reliable.

You should get connected to the Auto Attendant
Select 1 to ring the OBi200 phone.
Select 2 to make a call from the paired mobile on the OBi200.
Inbound calls on the paired mobile will ring the OBi200 phone and your mobile GV app.
You will see the OBi200 GV CallerID on the GV app, not the original inbound CallerID.

I allowed 7, 10 and 11 digit outbound numbers on the paired mobile.
The "xx.S3" will allow any other numbers or add additional rules to the BT DigitMap.

realjohny

I configured it as you guided and was enjoying it since then. Could not say thanks earlier but every time I received a call on my GV App I thought of coming to this forum a thanking you.

I recently received Obi2182 and configured it as you guided for Obi200 but after auto-attendant I hear 5-6 beeps and then silence. Sometimes I hear three beeps. Also calls on connected mobile are not reaching to GV App.