News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone on Phone Port not acknowledged correctly

Started by FSNZ, September 03, 2021, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSNZ

Hi,

I connected an OBI202 to 2Talk in New Zealand. Outgoing Calls works well, but incoming cause a problem. I connect an Analog Phone to Port PH1 on the OBI202. When I call the Number, the Phone ring exactly one time, then 2Talk Redirect to the Voicemail - even when it should not happen before 20.

When I connect with the same SIP Details a Softphone to 2talk, everything works fine. I tested it with another Analog Phone as well, the problem stays. In the OBI202 Call List, I see the Incoming call, but within a second it is marked as "Call ended" even when nobody took the call. It is like something is wrong that the VOIP Box did not notice, that the Analog Phone is connected or successfully ringing.

When I connect the same Analog Phone to PH2, where I set up Google Voice, everything is working fine too.

Based on the Trial & error Tests, it seems the Problem is somewhere in the settings of OBI202, but I did not find any reason. Did anyone experience something like this and has an idea?

Frank

drgeoff

Quote from: FSNZ on September 03, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
Hi,

I connected an OBI202 to 2Talk in New Zealand. Outgoing Calls works well, but incoming cause a problem. I connect an Analog Phone to Port PH1 on the OBI202. When I call the Number, the Phone ring exactly one time, then 2Talk Redirect to the Voicemail - even when it should not happen before 20.

When I connect with the same SIP Details a Softphone to 2talk, everything works fine. I tested it with another Analog Phone as well, the problem stays. In the OBI202 Call List, I see the Incoming call, but within a second it is marked as "Call ended" even when nobody took the call. It is like something is wrong that the VOIP Box did not notice, that the Analog Phone is connected or successfully ringing.

When I connect the same Analog Phone to PH2, where I set up Google Voice, everything is working fine too.

Based on the Trial & error Tests, it seems the Problem is somewhere in the settings of OBI202, but I did not find any reason. Did anyone experience something like this and has an idea?

Frank
An OBi has no way of sensing that a phone is plugged in until it is taken off-hook.

Are you plugging the phone directly into the OBi's socket or is there additional wiring between the two?