News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NEW OBI200 UNABLE TO HEAR BOTH WAYs

Started by bigL, September 04, 2021, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigL

Hi I just recieved a new OBi200 from Amazon.  I was able to setup it.  I see it registered with GV.   The phone rings and  I am able to make calls.  The problem is, I can't hear the other person nor can they hear me.  I tried deleting the SP1 adding it SP2 - same issue.   I tried setting the device back to default and redo the setup and same thing.   Dont know if I have a bad device or am I doing something wrong?  BTW - It has the latest firmware.

Thanks.

drgeoff

Dial **9 222 222 222 for the echo test.  If you speak and can hear you own voice echoed back to you, your OBi is not faulty.

bigL

We it passed the echo test.   I have another Obi device on my network with the same GV voice.  I notice when I take that device offline the OBi200 seems to work.    Am I missing something?

bigL

UPDATE:  All of a sudden inbound calls started working.  There is a delay when I answer.  Now trying to figure out what outbound calls they can not hear me nor I can hear them.

bigL

I am still unable to hear outbound calls.  I contacted Amazon since they offer device support and they told me that I should return the Obi200

Dont know

drgeoff

Quote from: bigL on September 05, 2021, 05:16:27 AM
We it passed the echo test.   I have another Obi device on my network with the same GV voice.  I notice when I take that device offline the OBi200 seems to work.    Am I missing something?

Are you using your OBis' default of getting their IP addresses by DHCP or have you manually assigned static ones?

Have you been messing with your router's firewall, port forwarding, putting OBi in DMZ or any other network shenanigans?

bigL

I have the IP reserved within the router by MAC address also I have it on the DMZ so it directly out.

drgeoff

Quote from: bigL on September 07, 2021, 12:42:29 PM
I have the IP reserved within the router by MAC address also I have it on the DMZ so it directly out.
It is very rarely necessary to put an OBi in the DMZ.  If you really understand what you are doing with networking keep your DMZ and static addresses but if not I would advise not to add possible own-goals.

bigL

I also tried putting the device directly out via my cable modem thinking maybe it is my home firewall dropping it.  Same issue, I emailed Polycom dont know what they will say so I am waiting.

bigL

I am finally able to make calls, No delays, super clear!   On my Untangle firewall, after searching, there is an option within the Network Config, as ENABLE SIP NAT Helper.  I unchecked restarted the OBI200 and OBI2182 desktop phone.  After about 5 minutes when the OBI devices finally connected, butter on toast!  Every works. 

drgeoff

Quote from: bigL on September 18, 2021, 06:57:00 AM
I am finally able to make calls, No delays, super clear!   On my Untangle firewall, after searching, there is an option within the Network Config, as ENABLE SIP NAT Helper.  I unchecked restarted the OBI200 and OBI2182 desktop phone.  After about 5 minutes when the OBI devices finally connected, butter on toast!  Every works. 
That is usually called "SIP ALG" and in many (most?) cases it does more harm than good.  OBihai has FAQs about it - see https://www.obitalk.com/info/faqsearch?q=ALG