News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing International from within Japan

Started by NieH, September 16, 2021, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NieH

I currently live in Japan and I have my Obi200 set up with my GV number which is a US number. I have a cordless phone at home which I have connected to the Obi200. Every time I try to dial a number local number it won't work. The voice says "cannot complete your call, please try again" I've tried 011 81 176 77 6464 and 0176 77 6464

I did come across a post that says you cannot use GV to dial internationally from within that country...is that true? I hope not.

Of note, I am able to receive incoming calls from on base thru GV/OBi200. But, if I miss the call then I'm stuck using my cell and paying the 20 cents a minute to talk.

Thanks in advance,

Nie

drgeoff

Please go to all the other copies of your post and use the "Remove" button to delete them.

Point a browser at the OBi200's local IP address.  If you don't know the address dial ***1 and it will be read out to you.  Log in using admin as username and password unless you have changed the latter.  At the left side click on Status and then on Call History.  There you will be able to see the actual numbers that your OBi has sent to GV.  Check that you see exactly 01181176776464.

Dialling 0176776464 definitely will not work.

You do have credit on your Google account?