News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot add device...

Started by Thursday, November 10, 2011, 05:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Hello,

I'm trying to add an Obi110 device, but I'm having difficulty... the Obi is on my network (I can see it obtained the address 192.168.1.101), and I hear a dialtone when I pick up the phone to which its connected.  I was able to update the Obi by dialing ***6.

When I start the "Add Device" process (on the web), it gives me a **5xxxx number to dial.  I dial that number, and I hear the thing say "The number you have dialed, **5xxxx, has been sent to the server" (and it reads the correct number).  But the timer just keeps ticking down to zero.

Any ideas?  Do I need to have any port forwarding enabled on my router?  I feel like I'm missing something...

Mercury

I have the exact same issue. The device grabbed an IP address and I dial out the code and I heart the automated message but the device is never added.

RonR

It's easier and faster to configure the OBi without using the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Simply log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 using admin/admin.

Then set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Thursday

Awesome, thanks.  I found I also needed to set these two to get the voice mail indicator to light up on my phone...

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)

akxxxxxx

Hi,
I have the same problem where i cannot add the obi 110 device.
I tried logging in to the device, but cannot find those parameters (ITSP and OBiTALK Provisioning) in order to disable them.

Why can't I find those parameters?

Thx
Ak

RonR

Quote from: akxxxxxx on November 10, 2011, 09:34:44 PM
I tried logging in to the device, but cannot find those parameters (ITSP and OBiTALK Provisioning) in order to disable them.

In the navigation pane on the left side...

Click the + in front of System Management
Click on Auto Provisioning
In the right pane, find ITSP Provisioning -> Method
In the right pane, find OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method

RonR

akxxxxxx,

If you haven't updated the firmware to v1.3.0, there is only one Auto Provisioning -> Method.

akxxxxxx

Yes. I actually needed to update the firmware. THen I could find the parameters.

So, I can now make phone calls out. I was wondering if I would see my device now in the OBi Dashboard, so I can configure the other parameters like 7 digit dialing, etc.?

RIght now, I do not see my device in the OBi Dashboard.

Thanks

RonR

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal, so I can't be of much help with it.

7-digit dialing is also easy:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Necroman

:'( I cannot get my obi110 to be recognized in the dashboard after dialing the number and hearing it repeated. All that occurs is "failed to make connection". I can see so ip address for the device using the ipconfig command. I do not know how to reconfigure the unit manually. A reset yielded no results.

RonR

Quote from: Necroman on November 21, 2011, 04:24:37 PM
I do not know how to reconfigure the unit manually.

Dial ***1 and write down the IP address that's reported.

Place that IP address in your web browser's address line and hit return.

When prompted for a username and password, use admin and admin.

Then follow the instructions in this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1867.msg11986#msg11986

Remember to click on Submit at the bottom of any page you've made changes to before leaving that page.

When all changes have been made, click on Rebbot in the upper right corner to make all changes effective.

Necroman

It turned out to be the router my dlink dir 825 was blocking the traffic. My original post should have read no ip not so ip. Thanx for the response. My computer ap still does not work even though :) all else is good. Using the soft phone xlite 4 results in a busy signal when I call anyone except my obi number.

RonR

Quote from: Necroman on November 23, 2011, 08:56:19 AM
My computer ap still does not work even though :) all else is good. Using the soft phone xlite 4 results in a busy signal when I call anyone except my obi number.

You may want to take a look at : Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

Jean

Quote from: RonR on November 10, 2011, 07:10:12 PM
It's easier and faster to configure the OBi without using the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Simply log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 using admin/admin.

Then set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Where can I find system management?

RonR

Quote from: Jean on November 25, 2011, 10:51:12 PM
Where can I find system management?

See attached picture.

Jean

I found system management, but couldn't make change since '401 unauthorized error' was shown up.

Jean

Thanks.  RonR,
On the right side, it's empty on my screen.
After I login, I saw 401 unauthorization error.

I guess my rounter is blocking.  How can I unblock?
Thanks,
Jean

RonR

Are you sure you're using the correct password?  If you added your OBi to the OBiTAlk Web Portal, the portal sometimes changes the admin password on you.

Jean

I just used admin/admin as instructed. Not right?

RonR

That's the factory default, but if you added your OBi to the OBiTALK Web Portal, your password may have been changed.  If this is the case, you can find your current password on the OBiTALK Web Portal.