News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot add device...

Started by Thursday, November 10, 2011, 05:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean

On the dashboard, it only shows the soft phone with OBi #.  Where can I find the password?
Thanks a lot for the help.  Appreciate.

RonR

It doesn't sound like your OBi is listed in the Dashboard.

You can set the OBi to factory defaults with a paper-clip through the hole in the bottom that has a bullseye around it.  Hold the switch depressed for an extended period of time and the unit should reset and be returned to factory defaults with a username/password of admin/admin.

Jean

I did reset to the factory default.  But still couldn't see the right side of the system management.
I asked me to log in twice.  I input admin/admin each time.  No luck.

RonR

Username : admin
Password : admin

Is that what you're entering (lower case)?

Jean

yes.  I am 100% sure I typed it right.
It took a long while to wait for DM_S.xml, and finally send me a error message: page not found or file not found.
When I tried it again few minutes ago to copy the error message, it just waiting and waiting and waiting.
Do you think I get a defect?

Jean

When I added device, the error message I got was actully: The server is too busy at the moment. Please wait a while and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
As soon as I dial the random created **5xxxx number, the error message came out in few second.

Jean

RonR,
It turned out that my router blocked the service.  Now I can use the phone to make calls.
Thanks a lot for your kind help at late hours.

lucybyz

Argh!  My device was working fine until my wireless modem became disconnected.  Since, I cannot get it to work. 

I deleted the device from Obitalk dashboard, and now I cannot add it again.  It gives me a phone number to call (**5 and 4 digits), I call, get the recording that the number has been sent to the server...then...nothing.  It just times out.

Trying to make a call gives me the recording that "there is no service". 

I have reset the unit using the reset button on the underside. 

I went to the ip address and followed all the instructions I found here for adding the device.  Nada. 

Quote from: RonR on November 10, 2011, 07:10:12 PM
It's easier and faster to configure the OBi without using the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Simply log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 using admin/admin.

Then set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Google Voice on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Also, now the admin/admin password does not work. 

My power light on the unit is lit, the internet light blinks, and the phone led and the one next to it are out.

Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: lucybyz on January 15, 2012, 04:46:06 PM
Also, now the admin/admin password does not work. 

There's a small hole in the bottom of the unit with a circle around it.  Using a paper-clip, depress the reset switch accessible through this hole and hold it for at least 30 seconds.  Afterwards, the OBi should be reset to factory defaults, including the login username/password.  To ensure the OBiTALK Web Portal doesn't beat you to the punch of reconfiguring the OBi (and the login username/password), pull the phone line or coax from your modem until you get the OBi reset and Auto Provisioning disabled.

lucybyz

RonR you are a genius!  Apparently one run-through of the reset process did not work. When I held the reset button for longer than 30 seconds, it seemed the OBI ran through a few resets (red light would come on, then back to green, then red, green, etc.) and now I am up and running!

THANK YOU!!! ;D

RonR

Quote from: lucybyz on January 16, 2012, 06:38:39 AM
Apparently one run-through of the reset process did not work. When I held the reset button for longer than 30 seconds, it seemed the OBI ran through a few resets (red light would come on, then back to green, then red, green, etc.) and now I am up and running!

A brief depression of the reset button simply reboots the OBi.

An extended depression of the reset button forces the OBi back to factory defaults.