News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to get the OBi110 to Recognize my Analog Telephone Line

Started by Unplugged, November 09, 2011, 02:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unplugged

I have searched for about an hour trying to find out why the OBi110 is not setting up my analog telephone line.

I first installed the OBi110 on my Google Voice line through the internet port. I works well, and I can make and receive calls through my Google Voice number. Great.

My phone company told me that they would put me on the $7.50 a month plan to use my analog line for e911 calls. I then placed the analog cord into the "Line" port (or POTS) line jack. The OBi110 recognizes and lights up the line LED, but I can't seem to dial out using the analog line, just the internet line.

The OBi dashboard doesn't show the analog line either. Any suggestions on how to get calls out on the POTS?

RonR

Assuming you have your PrimaryLine set to : SP1 Service

Dial **8 + number to route calls through the LINE Port.

If you prefer calls to be routed though the LINE Port by default, set PrimaryLine to : PSTN Line

Dial **1 + number to route calls though the SP1 Service.

Unplugged

Yes, I have SP1 Service listed as the primary line, and I want that to remain.

I tried dialing the **8 plus my area code and phone number. I'm not certain this worked. Will the PSTN line show up on my Dashboard?

RonR

I don't think so, but I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal, so I can't say with authority.

If you look in the OBi's Call History, you can tell exactly what happened to any call.

infin8loop

Try dialing **8 1 800 444 4444   

It's toll free and will read back your caller id#.  Ignore the MCI part and simply hang up after you hear your callerid number read back.

The OBiTalk Web portal will show only your OBi device and a softphone, not the PSTN line. 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher