News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Update to "Compatible Service Provider Setup"

Started by Matt555, September 26, 2021, 09:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt555

To someone at OBiTalk,

The VoiP.ms "compatible service provider" pre-defined/populated setup template needs a few update.

I need to change my VoIP.ms "Service Provider Proxy Server" to "Vancouver 3".  But it is not included in the pulldown menu of servers to choose from.  Looking at it closer, the list is missing new servers, and includes servers that have been removed.

So in the interim, i've setup as a generic provider, but it wouldn't hurt udpate the template to keep things easy.

While you're at it, it looks like "realcalls.com" is no longer in the business.

Thanks

drgeoff

The ippi website is still alive. I can still log in to my account there.  My dashboard there shows both my local  FreePBX and my PBXes trunk as being SIP registered there.  My FreePBX says it is registered to ippi.  My PBXes dashboard says it is registered to ippi.

Granted I have not tested making or receiving a call via ippi but why do you write that ipp.fr is no longer in the business?

Maybe because you are trying ippi.fr whereas I am using www.ippi.com.

Taoman

Quote from: Matt555 on September 26, 2021, 09:21:24 AM

I need to change my VoIP.ms "Service Provider Proxy Server" to "Vancouver 3".  But it is not included in the pulldown menu of servers to choose from.  Looking at it closer, the list is missing new servers, and includes servers that have been removed.

So in the interim, i've setup as a generic provider, but it wouldn't hurt udpate the template to keep things easy.

You would have been better off finishing the configuration with Vancouver1 and then used Expert Configuration to change the ProxyServer field to Vancouver3 manually. There are some VoIP.ms specific settings you don't get when you choose the generic service provider template.

Using Advanced/Expert Configuration, navigate to:
Service Providers-->ITSP Profile X SIP-->ProxyServer

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the ProxyServer field and replace Vancouver1.voip.ms with Vancouver3.voip.ms. Submit and save your settings.

Unfortunately, Poly pays such little attention to the OBiTALK servers I wouldn't expect the VoIP.ms POP server selection to change anytime soon if ever.

Matt555

thanks for the advice.  i don't have high confidence that this gets updated, but one can hope.