News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV on Android phone and OBi100: will my situation work?

Started by Reuven, November 11, 2011, 05:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuven

I read with great interest the very informative and excellent reviews of OBi110 by MichiganTelephone (http://goo.gl/pDeZ7). I sounds like a great way to utilize GV at home.
I have a specific way I use GV and I would like to present it to the experts on this forum to help me figure out whether it will work:

Currently my GV number is associated with my Android phone (HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T). I use it for:
Incoming Calls
Outgoing calls
Text messaging
Voicemail

I also use it at home (the traditional way with a computer) for International calls only, as I have a Verizon FIOS line for all other calls and E911. I also have netTALK  service which OBi110 will replace, as they have annual renewal costs.

It seems that I may need a different Gmail account associated with the GV number.I understand that transferring the GV number to a new Gmail account may resolve the problems some users have when their Gmail is open in a Browser. But I also read that the transfer creates new problems...   

Here are my questions:

1. Can I continue using the GV number on my Android phone and with the OBi110 at home? It's OK if it will ring on both.

2. Is there a way to retain the GV number with my original Gmail account and still have a functional arrangement?

3. If I have the OBi100 at home, will it be possible to continue using that GV account with a browser (call back) in other locations?

4. Any other issues I overlooked?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Reuven