News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV to OBI200 to new home phone Caller ID issue?

Started by johnfromjax, September 30, 2021, 12:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnfromjax

Have used GV to OBI200 to home phone for several years with no issues. Love the service.

Had to replace old home phone.

Assumed I could plug in the new one and be off but not so fast. Seems that now instead of the caller name appearing on the phone display it says UNKNOWN NAME yet the phone number displayed is correct and matches one in the phone directory.

Just took the new phone to a family members house and replaced their phone with my new one and it worked fine.

Any ideas on what I can do.

thnc

Johnfromjax

drgeoff

GV does not provide Caller Name, only Caller Number.

Probably the names you saw with the old phone had been programmed into the phone along their numbers.  It then used the Caller Number from GV to look into its store to find and display a name.

When you took the new phone to another house the phone service there did provide Caller Name and the phone displayed it.

So if the new phone can be programmed to do the same as the old phone you can do that.  Or you can do as many others do and route your incoming GV calls through eg Callcentric which does provide Caller Name.