News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HOWTO for configuring OBi202 for Anveo?

Started by Shplad, October 08, 2021, 05:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shplad

Hi everyone:

I tried to configure my OBI202 via OBitalk for Anveo. Of course it doesn't work.
I searched the forum here, and read that the OBitalk auto config. for Anveo no longer works and each company blames the other (nice).

Is there a HOWTO somewhere for manually configuring the OBI2xx series for OBitalk?

Also, is there one for Nextiva? When I asked them about configuring my OBi202, they said they'd need to remotely connect to my PC to do it, which doesn't sound like a great idea for me.

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 08, 2021, 05:56:16 PM

I tried to configure my OBI202 via OBitalk for Anveo. Of course it doesn't work.
I searched the forum here, and read that the OBitalk auto config. for Anveo no longer works and each company blames the other (nice).

What problem did you run into? I got this far (see graphic) and it appeared to be working as expected..........at least to that point.

Shplad

I finished configuration. And it doesn't work.

In Obitalk, it shows Anveo as disabled.
In Anveo control panel, it shows the device as ungregistered.

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 10:04:04 AM

In Obitalk, it shows Anveo as disabled.

What does the following show in OBiTALK Expert Config for your Anveo SP:

Voice Services-->SPX-->Enable and also X_RegisterEnable

Are they both checked?

Shplad

Enable has Obitalk settings checked.

I don't see X_RegisterEnable anywhere. In which exact submenu
are you saying I should see that?

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 10:57:02 AM

I don't see X_RegisterEnable anywhere. In which exact submenu
are you saying I should see that?

Try looking 5 rows down from the Enable setting.

Shplad

Nope, it's not there.

Maybe you're thinking of an older version of Obitalk?

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 11:06:46 AM

Maybe you're thinking of an older version of Obitalk?

There is no "older version of OBiTALK." There's only older versions of OBi firmware. See graphic.

What version firmware are you running on your OBi202. The current version is: 3.2.2 (Build: 8680EX)

Shplad

Firmware: 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

Taoman

I posted the following:

Voice Services-->SPX Servie-->Enable and also X_RegisterEnable

Instead, you went to:

Service Providers-->ITSP Profile X-->RTP-->RTCP

Edit: When you tried to configure Anveo for OBiTALK did you get to the point where you actually paid Anveo? Do you have your Anveo SIP credentials?

Shplad

Oh, sorry, my apologies.

X_RegisterEnable is checked but the checkbox is greyed out.
Obitalk settings has a checkmark.

No, it never prompted me for payment. I already have an Anveo
account, so I'm not sure whether it tried to use that or not, but
Anveo support isn't telling me anything.

Yes, I have my account credentials from my earlier account.

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 11:53:04 AM
I already have an Anveo account,

Yes, I have my account credentials from my earlier account.

Wish you would have mentioned this in your first post. Kind of important information.

Delete your current (attempted) Anveo configuration and start over.

On the first OBiTALK Approved Service Providers page, scroll down to the bottom and click on:
OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers
Then choose Anveo as your service provider. Should be self-explanatory after that.

EDIT: And yes, going from screen to screen in the OBiTALK Expert Configuration is very slow and there is nothing you can do about it.

Shplad

As mentioned earlier, i already tried redoing the config. via Obitalk. This now makes 5 times.

I tried different user credentials, as I still have no idea whether/if it's signed me up for a new
account. So much for Obi supporting Anveo.

This is unfortunate for me, as Anveo was the ITSP with which I had the best sound quality.
I've had tons of intermittent problems with Voip.ms .

Does Polycom provide paid phone support for home users, or can only corporate users get paid phone support. I know by default they don't offer phone support, but I thought maybe if I paid...

Since Anveo doesn't work as advertised, acc. to some other forum posts, are there any other featured ITSPs that don't work as well? I don't want to be signing up and paying for more ITSPs only to find out they're not supported as well.

thanks

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 12:07:29 PM
As mentioned earlier, i already tried redoing the config. via Obitalk. This now makes 5 times.

I tried different user credentials,

There are (supposedly) two ways to configure Anveo via OBiTALK: selecting Anveo for OBiTALK and as a compatible service provider. These are two entirely different methods. Are you saying you have tried both methods without success?

If you don't know your Anveo SIP credentials just login to your Anveo account via the web to see what they are. I also have an Anveo account and an OBi202. Configuring Anveo as a compatible service provider is no-brainer if you have your SIP credentials. It took me 2 minutes to be configured and registered.

Shplad

Correct. I've tried both methods at least 5 times and neither worked.

Maybe you have a business grade OBi? I dunno.
voip.ms had tons of intermittent call quality issues which no one could track down.
Anveo has great call quality, but I can't get it to work on my OBi.

Callcentric had bass-heavy sound quality to it.

It seems VoIP companies are mostly for people who are very savvy with VoIP.

Taoman

Are you able to login to your Anveo account via the web, click on "How to connect" and see your SIP credentials?

Yes or No?

Shplad

Yes.

Here's what I see in Accounts-Subaccounts:

Taoman

Quote from: Shplad on October 09, 2021, 12:47:20 PM
Yes.

And you were on the screen seen in my graphic and you entered those SIP credentials and it wouldn't work? Did you receive an error message?

Taoman

I only have a free Anveo account, not a paid one so I think I've gone as far as I can trying to help you. Maybe someone with a paid Anveo account can assist you further than I can.
Good luck.

Shplad

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

How do I find the Anveo password linked to the the Obi subaccount, or is it the same as my first account password?

Does Polycom provide paid phone support for home users, or can only corporate users get paid phone support?
I know by default they don't offer phone support, but I thought maybe if I paid...

Since Anveo doesn't work as advertised, acc. to some other forum posts, are there any other featured ITSPs that don't work as well? I don't want to be signing up and paying for more ITSPs only to find out they're not supported as well.