News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI2182 auto-dials and won't hang up

Started by DJCB, October 12, 2021, 11:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJCB

This is probably user error because I'm a doofus and don't know how to use a phone, but...

I have a OBI2182 in my home office. Sometimes when I pick up the handset to make a call, it starts to auto-dial the number of the last incoming call. Why? And how do I get it to not do that?

Second, if it makes a connection before I notice and put the handset back in the cradle, then the call is not terminated when I hang up and instead is auto-transferred to the speakerphone. Why? And how do I get it to not do that? And when it does it, how do I get it to terminate the call?

Feel free to mock me if you've got helpful information to share. I suppose you can feel free to mock me even if you don't have helpful information to share, but I'd prefer not.

drgeoff

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think there are any configuration settings to make it do that even if you wanted to.

Have you tried disconnecting the power to it for 30 seconds?

Update.  There is a 'Last Call Return' function which can be programmed to a soft key.  However AFAIK merely lifting the handset should not activate it.  Is it possible that you are inadvertently pressing a key while taking hold of the handset?

DJCB

Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2021, 12:09:58 PM
I'm not 100% certain but I don't think there are any configuration settings to make it do that even if you wanted to.

Have you tried disconnecting the power to it for 30 seconds?

Update.  There is a 'Last Call Return' function which can be programmed to a soft key.  However AFAIK merely lifting the handset should not activate it.  Is it possible that you are inadvertently pressing a key while taking hold of the handset?

I think what was happening was that I had the call history window open on the display, which maybe gets interpreted as a call-back instruction when I pick up the handset?

The last few times I've used it, I made sure to back out to the Home Screen so no number was displayed, and I haven't had it happen. If that's correct, it solves the problem of the unwanted dial.

My second question still applies though. If I dial a number (intentionally or not) but then decide I want to hang up before it's answered, how can I do that without it automatically transferring to speaker phone and continuing the call? If I just put the handset in the cradle it switches to speaker. Is there a "cancel call" or "hang up" button? Or can I change a menu setting so that it doesn't automatically transfer to speaker phone?