News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any luck recording with google voice?

Started by kirk, November 14, 2011, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

Hello, am using the Obi110 with Google voice, and attempting to make a recording of a call.

The "enable recording 4" box is checked under the google voice setting options. 

No luck so far. Any possible solutions? Thanks.

Everton

I might be wrong here, but I think you cannot record a call that you initiate.  In other words, you can only record a call (by pressing 4), if it is an incoming call.  You place an outbound call, that you would like to record, the receiving end can press 4 and the call will start recording.

RonR

You can record a call locally from the OBi's Call Status page.

kirk

Thanks for the tip.  I searched through the advanced settings on the call status page, but am unable to see anywhere to record.  Can you please further assist? Thanks..

RonR

There are no settings on the OBi's Call Status page.

When a call is in progress, there should be a Record button on the Call Status details.

Ostracus

Quote from: RonR on November 15, 2011, 09:06:30 AM
There are no settings on the OBi's Call Status page.

When a call is in progress, there should be a Record button on the Call Status details.

Is that just a FireFox thing or will it work with IE?

RonR

Quote from: Ostracus on November 15, 2011, 07:44:17 PM
Is that just a FireFox thing or will it work with IE?

I use IE9 and it works with it.

DrJay

Per the OBi Administration Guide:
"This button is available for calls involving the Phone port only. Pressing this button allows you to record
the current conversation in an audio (.au) file."

So it looks like the OBi will record analog phone line calls (OBi110) but it will not record calls from a VoIP service provider like Google Voice or Call Central.

And it's true that you can record calls you receive in Google Voice using the 4 key but you cannot record calls that you dial out from Google Voice.

RonR

The OBi will record any call involving the PHONE Port.

DrJay

Where does the .AU file end up? Where do you go after the call is complete to find it?

RonR

Quote from: DrJay on November 18, 2011, 01:40:34 PM
Where does the .AU file end up? Where do you go after the call is complete to find it?

The file will be saved by your web browser the same way any downloaded file is saved.

daibaan

I use Chrome to to access my obi, my question is:

- after I click the "record" button, I expect the button change to "stop record", however, the label of the button does not change until I refresh the screen by pressing the "call status", yet, if I press "stop record", the button would change to "record" immediately, anybody else experiences the same problem?

RonR

kirk

Thanks everyone. Looks like google voice still has the annoying bug that suddenly starts recording for no reason, so I unchecked it in the google settings.  Happened at the most inopportune moment, as it announces the call is now being recorded! Got everything I needed recorded via other means. (dispute with my mortgage company).. : )