News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Double google voice?

Started by kirk, November 15, 2011, 08:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

Can I set up 2 google voice numbers to work on my obi110, use the same phone and still use my line out for my magicjack and 911?  Thanks!

kirk

The answer is yes! Seems to be working.. : )

ShermanObi

The OBi device supports two independent Google Usernames.  Given each name has a GV account, the a single OBi device can receive calls to either of the GV numbers.

On outbound calling, you will pick one of the accounts to be the "primary" whereby you need only to dial 1+ ten digits to call a US or Canada number, e.g 1-212-555-1212.  To call out using the other GV account, you will need to prepend the number with a **2, e.g. **2-1-212-555-1212.  Note:  You may also use 7-digit dialing after you have set up the same during the "add device" and configure service process in OBiTALK.

Note that only one conversation can occur at a time, meaning that it is not possible to have two phones (or a two line phone) that are on a call, using each account independently and simultaneously.

When incoming calls come to the GV account associated with the "primary" line, the phone will ring in a way that sounds like a regular incoming call does now.  When the caller is calling the other GV number, the phone will ring with a distinctive, shortened ring cadence, so you will know what number the caller dialed.