News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't dial out....

Started by drbubba, November 15, 2011, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbubba

When I dial a number there is a brief 3-5 seconds pause then my phone says "unavailable." The phone never calls out since I cannot hear anything. All was fine until about an hour ago. I unplugged the Obi an let it sit for about 40 seconds then plugged it back in. Still no outgoing calls possible.

When I dial my home phone (connected to Obi via Google voice) from my cell phone, the home phone rings and indicates I have an incoming call. When I try to answer the call, my cell is still ringing as if the phone has not been picked up yet.

The Obi is pretty good when it works. I've had it for about 5 months. However it seems to have many problems. I often get disconnected if I'm talking to someone for more than 10 minutes.

I'm hoping someone can provide some low level non-technical assistance.

Thanks

sideman7

Crap, mine started doing this as well a couple of days ago. Any call I try to make rings once then nothing, and after about 20 seconds a dial tone again...

Stewart

Power off modem, separate router (if any) and OBi.  Power up modem, wait for it to come ready.  Then turn on router, wait for it to stabilize.  Finally, power up the OBi.

If you still have trouble, report whether GV works via Gmail and whether you can reach the OBiTalk test number.

sideman7

Actually, rebooting the obi (alone) seems to have solved the problem... Thanks.

sideman7

I spoke too soon. I am getting dumped after 10 minutes as well  >:(