News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Instructions for replacing broken OBI200

Started by RHFritz, October 24, 2021, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHFritz

My current OBI200 has a problem. I can get calls in but do not have a dial tone and cannot dial out.  I tried to do a reset but still have the same problem.

I'm assuming that the current OBI200 is broken so I purchased a new unit as a replacement and now I need to find a set of simple instructions for replacing the unit.  Thank you

drgeoff

That is an unusual fault.  Typically when there is no dial tone you cannot take inbound calls either.  I assume that you have checked that you do get dial tone from the replacement OBi.  It does not need to be configured nor even have an ethernet cable plugged in to give dial tone.

There is no simple way to transfer your existing configuration to the new OBi200.  Just start again from scratch.  Add it to your dashboard using the **5 procedure.  If you use GV you can do that too.

If you have any customised digit maps etc just do a one at a time copy and paste from old to new.