News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI rebooting my phone!

Started by chetstone, November 15, 2011, 05:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetstone

I'm trying to set up the OBI 110 with a GE 21128 DECT phone. When I try to check my GV voicemail by dialing out to GV on the POTS circuit, GV forwards the call back to the OBI over the SP1 circuit because I've told GV to forward calls to Google Chat. I then hear a call waiting tone (generated by the OBI I guess) and a change in the ring tone. So far this is as expected. What's not expected is that when the new ring tone starts, the LCD display on my GE goes blank, then the phone dies and all it's lights come on just like it does when you unplug the power to the phone momentarily.

I realize this is not the normal mode of operation -- normal I should call GV over the SP1 circuit. But it does seem to expose a serious bug. I also sometimes hear a momentary burst of static or popping when I am dialing or the call is connecting. Is there some hardware failure of my OBI?

RonR

Quote from: chetstone on November 15, 2011, 05:38:17 PM
Is there some hardware failure of my OBI?

Sounds more like a failure of your GE 21128 DECT phone.  There shouldn't be anything that a phone line could do that would cause the phone to reboot.