News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

silence first ring and get caller id

Started by RobLatour, November 27, 2021, 01:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobLatour

I have a Obi202.

My goal is to silence the first ring, get the caller id, and then have a program I wrote (CallClerk) be able to react to the caller id before the second ring.

Following the advice here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15123.0

I went to Obi202's Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 1 and changed it to:
60;2(0+2);58(2+4)

However, when I gave myself a test call, the Caller ID did not make it through to either my program (connected via a USB modem) nor a regular POTS phone with a caller id display on it.

I read up on the Ring Profile settings, and then also tried:
60;1(0+2);59(2+4)

But the same thing happened - the caller id did not get passed through.

I restored the setting to its default :
60;(2+4)
and while that did allow the caller id to get through again, the first ring rang as always.

I read further and found that I could go to:
Physical Interfaces - Phone1 Port - Port Settings and change the option
Caller ID Trigger
to
Before First Ring
which I did, but the caller id still came in between the first and second ring.

Next, I tried the two changes above both being made at the same time (prior to this I had made them each separately but not together).  In any case, when I made both of them together, I didn't get the caller id.

Of note:

Before you ask, yes each time I made these changes I rebooted the Obi202.

I also tried, when the polarity reverses, setting for the Caller ID Trigger, but it didn't help

and finally, my program is able to react to the caller id if it comes in before the first ring just fine (as this is the standard in the UK and I have many customers there using it in that way).

Bottom line, is there a way to suppress the first ring but still have the caller id come through before a ring is actually heard (second ring)?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for the long post, I just wanted to ensure I cover off the things I had tried).