News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 web interface issues

Started by mthornto88, December 13, 2021, 02:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mthornto88

Hi I enabled the web interface for my device as I didn't want to use the portal for configuration. But when I go under the Physical Interfaces I am don't see the section for the Line Port like you do in the Expert Section in the Obitalk Portal.

I tried factory resetting and then downgrading my firmware from the latest. Is this something only available in the Portal vs the Web interface? I am at a loss on how to get it enabled in the Web interface. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a screenshot.

drgeoff

There is no LINE port on an OBi202.  That menu item will only appear if you plug an OBiLINE adaptor into the 202's USB socket.

And the onboard web interface is ALWAYS enabled.  It is always accessible from the LAN jack.  With default settings the access from the INTERNET jack is disabled.

mthornto88

Ok. But that doesn't explain why the portal shows it in the portal like I have attached. I don't have anything connected to that port as you suggest. Why does the Portal show different than the local Web Interface? I would think it would be the same configuration options.

And I guess that leads me to real question. I am having issues with calls dropping to a conference call bridgeling after 3 mins and was reading that the settings here matter. So are you saying these settings don't help?

thanks..

drgeoff

Just a quirk of the way the portal works.

The LINE port settings come into play ONLY when connecting a POTS line to an OBi.  It is not possible to do that on an OBi202 without using an OBiLINE.  The LINE port settings have absolutely no impact whatsoever on GV calls.

If you want to use GV you must use the August 2021 (or later) firmware and you must use the portal to configure the OBi to connect to your GV account.  After that, if for some reason you wish to make other configuration changes using the onboard web server GUI you MUST disable OBiTALK provisioning.

mthornto88

Ok. I am not using GV.  I am using Callcentric. Would they come into play with another VOIP provider?

drgeoff

Quote from: mthornto88 on December 13, 2021, 03:11:57 PM
Ok. I am not using GV.  I am using Callcentric. Would they come into play with another VOIP provider?

No.  The LINE port settings have no impact on anything except calls in or out on a POTS line.

mthornto88