News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Changing out a OBI200 on existing account

Started by Suneson, December 16, 2021, 07:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suneson

I have 2 GV accounts each coupled with a OBI200 and 2 accounts on OBI. One of the accounts I use as my home phone. If the OBI200 on my home phone goes south on me, I was going to shut the other account down and use that OBI200 to my home phone account. What would be the procedure to move that OBI200 to my home phone account. Of course, I need to retain the existing home phone number.

I hope this is clear. I am new to this.

drgeoff

1. Please go immediately to your duplicate post in another section of the forum and use the "Remove" button to delete it.

2.  I don't understand what you mean by "2 accounts on OBI".  Do you mean two logins at obitalk.com with one OBi200 on each of the two dashboards.  Or do you mean one login there with both OBi200s registered on that one dashboard?

If you mean the former there is no way to "move" an OBi from one dashboard to another dashboard.  You must delete it from the first one and then register it to the second using the **5nnnn procedure.  Then sort out what GV number(s) you wish to keep on or add to that OBi200.