News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SPA2102 and OBI110

Started by Eleventh, November 17, 2011, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eleventh

Hi,

I have my obi110 configured for 2 GV accounts(Sp1 & SP2) and its working fine. I have an SPA2102 on the same network as the OBI.

Would it be possible to use the SPA2102 connected phones to dial GV accounts locally on my OBI? how about the SPA2102 accessing the line port on my OBI to dial outbound local calls on the OBI LINE?

Any help would be appreciated.

RonR

To use the SPA-2102 phones as additional extensions on the OBi, you must have at least one of the services (SP1 and/or SP2) configured as SIP.

Eleventh

alright, will it require me to have 2 SIP accounts configured on both devices or 1 SIP account will do?

I have one sipgate account. Will that work? If yes? is it just a straight SIP configuration on both devices?

RonR

Quote from: Eleventh on November 17, 2011, 10:37:52 PM
alright, will it require me to have 2 SIP accounts configured on both devices or 1 SIP account will do?

I have one sipgate account. Will that work? If yes? is it just a straight SIP configuration on both devices?

You don't need a provider configured on the SPA-2102.

You need SP1 and/or SP2 configured for SIP, but it need not be an actual provider.

Take a look at these two posts:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.msg5467#msg5467

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=718.msg5950#msg5950

Eleventh

Thank you RonR. That should get me started. Ill post back when I'm successful. :)

Eleventh

RonR. The linked you gave me worked. Thanks a lot.

I have a few questions though.

I have my mobile number setup as a trusted caller on OBI's Sp1 and AA answers but when I choose option 1 to proceed with the call only the Phone line rings. but if an unknown caller calls the Sp1 it rings both the phone and the Vg5 fork.

RonR

When you "Press 1 to continue", the Auto Attendant calls the number configured at NumberOnNoInput which defaults to 0.

0 rings the PHONE Port using the {0:ph} rule in the OutboundCallRoute.

You can't fork a call from NumberOnNoInput or the OutboundCallRoute.

Conseqently, I never figured out a way to ring VG5 in addition to the PHONE Port from the Auto Attendant.

Stewart

Quote from: RonR on November 18, 2011, 07:05:26 PM
You can't fork a call from NumberOnNoInput or the OutboundCallRoute.  Conseqently, I never figured out a way to ring VG5 in addition to the PHONE Port from the Auto Attendant.
Could you route 0 to a VG that calls back into the OBi, e.g. points to 127.0.0.1, with a caller ID that is treated as unknown, i.e. it will fork, but will be recognized by the user as a trusted caller?  Sorry, I don't have time to test this now.

Eleventh

I noticed something odd while dialing out on the VG5(pap2) device. The default dialout setting on OBI is the PSTN. but if I try to dial on the VG5(pap2) it connects but once the party answers it drops the call and get a busy tone. But if it try to dial **8 first it connects properly. any ideas?

RonR

Given...

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallroute:

...,{pap2>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(Mli):li},{ph,vg5(pap2)}

there shouldn't be any difference.  When **8 is dialed, it should be stripped off before the call goes out the LINE Port (the first bolded rule).  Without **8, the call should still go out the LINE Port (the second bolded rule).

Eleventh

it seems the 2nd bolded code is missing on my X_InboundCallroute. I will try to add it and see how it goes.

RonR

Quote from: Eleventh on November 19, 2011, 08:23:53 PM
it seems the 2nd bolded code is missing on my X_InboundCallroute. I will try to add it and see how it goes.

The bolded rule is for your PrimaryLine (LINE Port in this case):

...,{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(Mli):li},{ph,vg5(pap2)}

It should be the only rule between the {pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp} and {ph,vg5(pap2)} rules.

Eleventh

im kind of confused now.

Here's the content of my X_inboundCallRoute:

{pap2>911:li},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{pap2>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(Msp1):sp1},{pap2>0:ph},{pap2>(@@.):},{pap2>(Mli):li}, {ph,vg5(pap2)}

Should i change and delete the others?

RonR

In the two examples I pointed you toward, the PrimaryLine was Trunk Group 1 in the first and SP1 Service in the second.

Assuming your PrimaryLine is the LINE Port, you would want:

{pap2>911:li},{pap2>**0:aa},{pap2>***:aa2},{pap2>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{pap2>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{pap2>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{pap2>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{pap2>(Mli):li},{pap2>0:ph},{pap2>(@@.):},{ph,vg5(pap2)}

Eleventh

I really appreciate the support RonR. Thank you.

Will try to read more of the Admin Guide for me to know all the advanced features I can set on the OBI. This device really sparks my curiosity to do more and learn more. Hopefully once I learn the ins and outs of this device I can help others as well. :)

RonR

Is is working properly now?