News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

End of Life Cycle for OBi200, OBi202 and OBi212??

Started by CiCi44, December 19, 2021, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiCi44

I just read the notice on ObiTalk website. It looks like it's ALL the home products. What happens when Dec 18, 2023 comes along and the service stops working? Will they be pushing out another home product or do we have to look for another alternative?

CiCi44

Ahh, thanks for that. I would never have looked for this topic in that forum.

story97

I have a question.

I have a 212 and a 202. both of them clicked off this morning and I can make outgoing calls but incoming calls don't ring in.

Last time this happened i just had to add my device in and it was fine. But this time, i try to add the device, it finds it right away after dialling the **5 number, but where it asks for the admin password it constantly tells me it's the wrong password. I even went as far as resetting my account password and using that and again it said wrong password.

is this a hint that I can't use it anymore?

drgeoff

Quote from: story97 on December 22, 2021, 12:07:54 AM
I have a question.

I have a 212 and a 202. both of them clicked off this morning and I can make outgoing calls but incoming calls don't ring in.

Last time this happened i just had to add my device in and it was fine. But this time, i try to add the device, it finds it right away after dialling the **5 number, but where it asks for the admin password it constantly tells me it's the wrong password. I even went as far as resetting my account password and using that and again it said wrong password.

is this a hint that I can't use it anymore?
Please do not post the same question more than once,

No it is not a hint of that.

What exactly are you doing at the point you are asked for "the admin password"?

sportflyer

I have an OBI200 configured for GV as well as Voip.ms ( for outgoing international calls only, ie no DID). When GV stops working,  do I need to reconfigure the VOIP.ms in OBi portal after I sign up for a new DID number with VOIP.ms? Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: sportflyer on October 25, 2023, 11:41:34 AMI have an OBI200 configured for GV as well as Voip.ms ( for outgoing international calls only, ie no DID). When GV stops working,  do I need to reconfigure the VOIP.ms in OBi portal after I sign up for a new DID number with VOIP.ms? Thanks
You have not understood.

The only reasonably sure prediction as to when GV wil cease working on an OBi is that it will be after the portal is turned off or otherwise made inaccessible.  From the moment the portal no longer functions it will not be possible to do any configuration using it.  Configuring an OBi by logging in locally to the device's onboard web server will be the only means to do any configuration.  Virtually all ITSPs except GV can be so configured.

sportflyer

OK. I understand that I have to reconfigure the OBi200 using local device webpage