News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can a PC view & answer an incoming call to an Obi device?

Started by thekingofspain, December 24, 2021, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekingofspain

I have Obi110, yes its old, but so am I, and thus I am getting lazy and not want to get up and pick up the phone when while working on my laptop.  Is it possible to view the incoming call information on a PC that is on the same network as the Obi device and then potential answer the call on the PC?  Any pointers to needed software and setup would be appreciated.

Taoman

Your best bet would be to just use a softphone on your laptop (like Phonerlite) or something similar. Who is your service provider? Just configure the softphone with your SIP credentials. It wouldn't involve your OBi at all.

PDX_Mark

I know that on Obi200 and Obi202 you can configure another SPx  and there are instructions here how to connect that to a Grandstream http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25295.msg252454#msg252454 (see updated posts in thread) . Of course change the Grandstream to softphone and  it should also work. Both Grandstream and computer need to have fixed IP.

So the answer to your question is YES there is a way.

Mark

thekingofspain

Thanks for the info, using phonepower and just installed and enabled their softphone software.