News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 wont ring GV call phone

Started by Chmodman, November 18, 2011, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chmodman

Hello,
Before I set up my Obi100, when a call came in it would ring on my computer.  This was very nice as I have high quality USB headset.

After setting up Obi100, my call phone never rings on incoming calls.  I tried disabling the call forward in GV settings, but no luck so far.  Is there a way?

Thanks
Kurt

DrJay

When you use the OBi with Google Voice you give up the ability to answer calls on your computer through Google Talk. That's the trade-off. The OBi replaces the Google Talk client on your computer. You can't have the calls ring in both places. If you want to restore the ringing to your computer you have to disable your OBi.

You can, however, still place calls on your computer using the Call Phone link in Gmail.

Chmodman

:(

I wonder, can create another gmail account with another GV number and forward to that number?

RonR

Google Voice does not allow a Google Voice number as one of its forwarding phone numbers.

Stewart

Quote from: Chmodman on November 18, 2011, 02:28:22 PMI wonder, can create another gmail account with another GV number and forward to that number?
You can create a second GV account and set up your OBi to use it instead of your main GV account.  That will allow you to make free calls with the OBi, albeit with the "wrong" caller ID.  Then, add another number to your main GV account that rings the OBi, e.g. an IPKall DID pointing to a free Callcentric account, to which your OBi's SP2 would register.

With this setup, calls to either GV number would ring the OBi, though only calls to the main one would ring the computer.

jimates

You can set up a second GV number to use on your computer and have the Obi fork the incoming calls from your first GV number to the second.