News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new device, phone LED off, busy signal, cant dial Echo

Started by koshar59, December 24, 2021, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koshar59

Hi,
I just bought new Obi200.
Hoped it would work without issues as soon I have used my previous device without problems on my Internet. Just gave it to my parent.
However, phone line is off, phone has busy signal, cant call Echo.
Tried to reboot modem, Obi; tried to reset Obi, nothing helps.
It is the same Internet, same phone device, tried few cords.

Power is green, Ethernet is green flashing, but phone LeD just goes on for a few seconds after Obi gets power, then off.

Please, help

dircom

Please delete your duplicate posts.
Unplug the power supply, then reconnect and try it again.
Still not working, try another similar power supply
also phone line is off?  what does that mean
Phone line is busy?  what do you mean

PeterY

My Obi200 has the same issues:
1. Router has all green LEDs (no problem);
2. Green power LED on Obi200 (no problem);
3. Obi200 shows active in the Router network (no problem);
4. However, it shows as "Unmanaged Device" on Obi Dashboard:
"This device is currently unmanaged by OBiTALK. Either your device was factory reset, or the provsioning was disabled from the local web page. The device will need to be added to OBiTALK again. This requires physical access to the device. Click 'Continue' below to start the process of re-adding the OBi."
5. Green flashing Internet LED on Obi200 (problem? but there is no change although I have changed several Ethernet cables);
6. Phone line on Obi200 is off, no line on phone (can't dial and connect with Obi200 although I tested several different phones).
Can anyone help figure out what the problem is?
Thank you.

drgeoff

Quote from: PeterY on September 25, 2022, 05:03:50 AMMy Obi200 has the same issues:
1. Router has all green LEDs (no problem);
2. Green power LED on Obi200 (no problem);
3. Obi200 shows active in the Router network (no problem);
4. However, it shows as "Unmanaged Device" on Obi Dashboard:
"This device is currently unmanaged by OBiTALK. Either your device was factory reset, or the provsioning was disabled from the local web page. The device will need to be added to OBiTALK again. This requires physical access to the device. Click 'Continue' below to start the process of re-adding the OBi."
5. Green flashing Internet LED on Obi200 (problem? but there is no change although I have changed several Ethernet cables);
6. Phone line on Obi200 is off, no line on phone (can't dial and connect with Obi200 although I tested several different phones).
Can anyone help figure out what the problem is?
Thank you.
@PeterY

That is NOT the same issue.  (If I had $1 for every post I have seen on forums wrongly stating "same issue" I would be rich.)

Random flashing of the OBi's internet LED is normal.  (Not flashing is a problem.)

Have you tried resetting the OBi as suggested?

What is the history of this OBi?  Have you had it working previously?  If it is new to you, was it sold to you as new?  Did it come from a trusted seller or elsewhere such as ebay?

A powered Obi should always give dial tone to a phone taken off-hook, irrespective of being registered to your dashboard at obitalk.com, irrespective of being configured for any service provider.  Even with no network connection.