GV Caller ID being Sanitized through CC if Screen Calls "Off" for Contacts

Started by Arizona480, January 24, 2022, 06:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona480

I've been getting hit with robocalls pretty hard lately with one of my Google Voice numbers.  So I turned Call Screening on and I used one of the "Custom Call Forwarding Rules" to not screen contacts.  I know contacts aren't screened anyways when they are added to contacts, however, I don't want to press "1" to answer the call on my devices all the time because sometimes the key presses don't work. 

I render the calls through Call Centric, on my dashboard, the caller ID is displayed properly even with the rule set.  However, on the landline phone caller ID itself, it says "Unknown Caller" which is what you get when you send the call directly through the Obi 202 Device and not through my CallCentric inbound number.

I don't see any options where you can set a rule to screen anyone not in your contacts, I think this was in Legacy GV, but those options are gone now. 

Any Ideas?

Taoman

Quote from: Arizona480 on January 24, 2022, 06:27:34 PM
However, on the landline phone caller ID itself, it says "Unknown Caller" which is what you get when you send the call directly through the Obi 202 Device and not through my CallCentric inbound number.

As it stands now, there is no way way I'm aware of to not have your Contacts routed directly to your OBi device using GV custom rules. It doesn't matter if your OBi device is enabled or disabled in GV settings, your Contacts will be routed directly to your OBi device. Because of this, I chose to enter my Contact names into the phone book on my phone directly so I still get name display. But if you want unknown callers and your Contacts to all be routed thru Callcentric you will need to set your InboundCallroute to {} for your GV trunk on your OBi.

Unknown callers will ring any device you have enabled. So disable all your devices (including your OBi) in GV settings and just have your Callcentric "Call forwarding number" enabled.

Turn off Call screening.