News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

getting error 603 (declined)

Started by Felix, November 23, 2011, 12:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

I set up my new OBi110 for SIP and GV (I don't have PSTN line, so for now it's not plugged in). GV works fine, but when I call over SIP line (callwithus.com) I get a recording that "the number I dialed was rejected by service provider. Reason is 603 (declined)". My old Sipura works perfectly fine.

I tried playing with Codecs (although Sipura has all defaults) but it made no difference. I also turned off and on stun server (out of despair, I guess). All the other settings are mystery to me...

Felix

Thanks to a hint from service provider (a little plug for callwithus.com that I've been using for last 5 years and can't say enough good things about).

ITSP Profile x SIP screen has an option UserAgentDomain which is decribed as
QuoteCPE domain string. If empty, device uses ProxyServer as its own domain to form its AOR (Address Of Record) or Public Address when constructing SIP messages (for example, in the FROM header of outbound SIP Requests).
and CPE is not defined anywhere, but I assume it's Customer-premises equipment or customer-provided equipment (did I mention that documentation is terrible?). Anyway, it seems that the value here overrides the value in Proxy server, and my calls were going to callwithus.com instead of sip.callwithus.com.

Once I cleared this field everything started working!

RonR

Quote from: Felix on November 23, 2011, 08:36:51 AM
Once I cleared this field everything started working!

Why were you setting the UserAgentDomain field in the first place?  When setting up a SIP provider, ProxyServer is usually the only ITSP Profile x field that needs to be configured.

Felix

Quote from: RonR on November 23, 2011, 10:21:44 AM
When setting up a SIP provider, ProxyServer is usually the only ITSP Profile x field that needs to be configured.
I know now8)