News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

E911 callerid issue

Started by Richard, November 25, 2011, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I'm using Flowroute for E911.  But when calls are made via them, my Flowroute username is used as the callerid.  For E911 to work, they require the DID.  Flowroute can use your DID as the username, as long as you can use the username in an authusername field.  The OBI 110 doesn't seem to have this.  So I basically need a authusername field on the OBI or a way to change the outbound callerid on the OBI.

Ideas?

Thanks

RonR

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName

Richard

Thanks, but that's not enough.  I need username AND auth username.  They are different.

Stewart

Quote from: Richard on November 25, 2011, 04:29:32 PM
Thanks, but that's not enough.  I need username AND auth username.  They are different.
Try putting your caller ID in SIP Credentials -> URI.  I don't know whether for Flowroute you need to use 10 or 11 digits.  Test by calling your cell phone or 1-800-437-7950.

After you get that working, test with 911.  You should first get permission by calling your police non-emergency number.  Call at a time when emergency traffic is not heavy.  Immediately tell the dispatcher that you don't have an emergency and are just testing.  Confirm that they have your correct number and physical address.  Don't hang up until they have confirmed the non-emergency nature of your call, or the cops will likely show up at your door.

Richard

That appears to be working!  But I'll try the 911 call tomorrow in the hopes that I can find a somewhat less busy time on the system.  Thanks

Richard

Tested today and it worked great.  E911 verified number and address correctly.