News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem Adding VOIP.MS

Started by Tack, July 28, 2011, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

You don't have the PAP2T also registering, do you?  Some providers allow multiple registrations, other don't.

Does your router have SIP ALG support?  If so, turn it off.

You might try another server, just in case the Toronto server is having problems at the moment.

TSellers

Bless you, reminds me of a good british detective series thinking of that...

yes the PAP2T was also still connected to the router. So I went back and disconnected the RJ45 cable. Gave it some time and a few reboots, and still seeing 'Register Failed: 403'.

I'm running DD-WRT mega on my router, so I'll have a look around in it and see if I can find ALG, all I've found so far is 'Milkfish SIP Router' tab which is disabled.

sramaswamy

Thanks RonR and others for the tip. I had exactly same problem and the fix mentioned by RonR worked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

The ObiTalk configuration page is very well thought out and so easy to work with. But wonder how they forgot to update this value for voip.ms. While I do not mind updating the configuration locally, it is overwhelming with so many fields. ObiTalk makes it all nice and effortless.

I will let voip.ms know about this fix, so that they can update their wiki page with this instruction.

Thanks once again. RonR,  you are simply awesome.

TSellers

Thanks for the update. I have actually not used the Obi since the last post. I'm thinking now to use one ATA for voip.ms, and the Obi for freephoneline.ca, or vice-versa. I'm giving up on the concept of using the one Obi ATA for 2 different providers.