News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help needed Digitmap and call route for Brazil

Started by larrybob, November 29, 2011, 08:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

All calls should go through the line port, except when Google talk or a U.S. SIP is used for SP1 and chosen with **1. ( Most international calls will be made on SP1 but it would be nice to have the option to use the line port for these also.)

The Brazilian phone system has been pieced together from various public and private companies, and has  become very complicated. Below is the entire system summarized from a users perspective. I do not think I am missing anything. Ron can you help me?  :)  Thanks!  Larry

PHONE SYSTEM IN BRAZIL:

summary: possible digits to dial  3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,  15 to 21 for international long distance

1) local calls  nnnn-nnnn 8 digits
      1a)  radio calls to sea vessels in Brazilian waters:4004-2103
2) mobil numbers eight digit nnnn-nnnn
       2a) in 24 months some nine digit numbers n-nnnn-nnnn for cell phones in Sao Palo
3) public utility 3 digit  1nn (example :emergency 190)

4)Long distance. this  gets complicated the user must  select a long distance carrier to use then add the area code and a zero before the entire number.

so (0xxaa) nnnn-nnnn is is 0  PLus 12 digits (with the possiblity of 0 plus  13 digits (see 2a)
For example, to call the number 2222-2222 in Fortaleza (area code 85) using the long-distance carrier Oi (selection code 31), one would dial 0 31 85 2222 2222.

aa  can be any 2 digits from 11 to 99 no 0's
xx can be any 2 digits form 11to 99  no 0's

5) collect calls 9090-nnnn-nnnn 12 digits

6) special numbers 0ppp-nnn-nnnn . 0ppp + ten digits =14 digits
ppp= 300, 303, 500,800, 900 only.
     6a) 0800 nnn-nnn   0800+six digits =10 digits
7) additional special numbers 300n-nnn 300 or 400+ 4 digits = 7 digitis
                 400n-nnn
8 )  operator assisted and long distance information
0800-703-2111= 11 digits

Finally International Long Distance
9) long distance 00 + carrier code + country code + international number up to 15 digits

00xxCC(15n)  so = 21 digits max.

For example, to call the number 555-5555 in Washington, D.C. (area code 202), United States (country code 1), using Intelig as the chosen carrier (selection code 23), one would dial 00 23 1 202 555 5555.

RonR

I think it's as simple as what I posted in the other thread.  I added support for collect calls and the special 300/400 numbers, but that's the only changes.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (1xx|[34]00xxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|90xx.|0xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|1xx|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|1xx):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Stewart

Just for laughs, I took a look at the Oi site and it appears that domestic calls, especially to mobiles, are very expensive.  Perhaps it would make sense for them to make most of their calls, maybe even local ones, on VoIP,  using the landline only for incoming, emergency and other special numbers, and if the VoIP is not working properly.  Of course, you'd want to choose a provider that allows you to send the desired outbound caller ID (their landline number) and avoids long latency.

If they are familiar with the present system, instead of using **1 for VoIP, you might create your own "carrier code", e.g. "10", to mean VoIP.  So, they would dial 0010 + country code + number for international, or 010 + area code + number for domestic.

larrybob

Thanks Ron!  I will Program all as in your post, and let you know how all is working in a few days.

Stewart, I was thinking the same thing. For example, it might be cheaper using a U.S. Voip carrier , and make an international call to reach a cell phone, then to call domestically.(There are also Brazilian Voip carriers that would be worth looking into.) I thought it was best to route domestic calls through the line port for now, until it is confirmed all is working correctly, so i have a working fall back solution. )

My plan is for the next step, try different Voip Carriers on SP2, until a good solution is found, then do exactly as you suggested. I will post to this thread as things develop.  Larry

Stewart

I did a couple of tests for possible domestic calling in Brazil, but came up short.  Ideally, you want low latency, i.e. a provider that does not proxy the audio, with the upstream carrier in Brazil, and you also want to send the landline number (or another specific number) as caller ID.  Unfortunately, caller ID spoofing in the OBi is by From header only, so with that option you're probably limited to IP authentication (one exception is Flowroute, though there may be others).  The other option would be a provider that allows you to set outbound caller ID from their Web portal, or via a support ticket.  Unfortunately, most of those proxy audio.

In the first category, I tried Voxbeam.  On their Premium route, the media server was in the UK.  On Standard route, media server was in Rio, and they did support G.711, but had silence suppression on the incoming audio; quality was otherwise good.  Also, there was a weird caller ID issue, though the fault may have been with the test.  I set the From address to 552123456789, called the iNum gateway in Rio (+552135219966) and dialed the caller ID test (000000093).  It read back 5500552123456789, for both Premium and Standard.  You may want to also try Flowroute.  Both Voxbeam and Flowroute provide a small credit at signup, so you can test without making a payment.

Among providers that allow you to set a fixed caller ID, I believe that VoIP.ms and CallWithUs can be configured to not proxy audio.  CWU also allows choice of routes; you may find one with low latency.

Let us know if you find a provider that meets all your requirements.

larrybob

The OBI just arrived in Brazil today. I was able to test google voice for calls to and from California, and the voice quality is superb! I hope tomorrow to test the digit map and the outbound call routing.. I will post here as I make progress. The next test will be to find voip carries for long distance calls within in Brazil... larry