News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get it to work

Started by mapiklfish, November 29, 2011, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapiklfish

I just got my Obi110 and hooked it up.  I have 2 solid green lights and one flashing green light.  I have a dialtone on my phone.  I followed the online tutorial.  The phone does not ring and I can't call out on it.  When I call my google voice number from my cell, it rings on the cell phone end but the phone does not ring.  It registers with GV because it gets a voicemail message in my inbox.  I have the box for forward to google voice checked.  In my dashboard I have, on the first line, softphone and on the second line home (the one I configured and named).  Both have a green dot by them and say configured.

I have Vonage and this would be replacing if if I can ever get it to work.  I did unplug Vonage

I'm sure there is something I have not configured right but I can't figure out what it is.  Everybody on Amazon said it was very easy to set up and they were using it in a few minutes.  I feel like a real dummy.

Linda

RonR

If it's the leftmost LED that's blinking, your OBi is probably not communicating with your router.

Can you log into the OBi using the IP address returned by dialing ***1?

If your OBi is not communicating with your router, you will here "Your IP address is not available."

Can you call the echo test? : **9 222 222 222

If your OBi is not communicating with your router, you will here "The is no service available to complete your call."

mapiklfish

Both outer lights are solid green, the middle one if blinking.  I did not see a place to put the IP #.  I did call the **9 number and the echo test was ok.

RonR

Quote from: mapiklfish on November 29, 2011, 09:51:10 PM
I did call the **9 number and the echo test was ok.

Then the OBi is connected to the Internet and working.

Quote from: mapiklfish on November 29, 2011, 09:51:10 PM
I did not see a place to put the IP #.

You put the IP address in your browser's address line and hit return as if it was a web site.

The log in is normally username=admin / password=admin, but the OBiTALK Web Portal may have changed the password.  The current password should be listed on the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Once you log in, you can look at the System Status page that comes up and see what SP1 Service Status -> Status is (it should be Connected).

What happens when you dial a number like 18005551212 from the OBi's PHONE Port?