News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not a Valid Number Msg

Started by NerdUno, February 21, 2011, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdUno

I was using an experimental version and wanted to take advantage of the new features in the latest firmware. Had to load the update manually. After update, outbound calls work fine. But calling in from a number in circle of trust, then pressing 1 to connect call yields "This is not a valid number" and hangup. Any idea how to fix Humpty?

obi-support2

AA Option 1 tells the AA to call the number as specified in the AA parameter NumberOnNoInput, which by default is "0". This is the same number the AA will call when you don't enter any option after the AA announces the menu 2-3 times.  Note also that the default AA OutboundCallRoute is to ring the PHONE port when 0 is called (see the rule {0:ph} there).

It could be that your AA DigitMap does not contain a  "0|" rule, hence the AA complaint about an invalid number. You can modify the NumberOnNoInput parameter to other number that you desire, but make sure to
also add a corresponding rule in AA's OutboundCallRoute to let AA know where to send that
number to.

OBIHAI Support Staff

NerdUno

Could you post what the default AA DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute should be? I haven't changed these, but I don't see the entries you mentioned. Thanks.

NerdUno

Figured it out. Unless AutoProvisioning is Disabled, the new setup from HQ wipes out the {0:ph} entry in AA OutboundCallRoute. Not sure why, but now it works again. This wasn't a problem until the latest firmware update if that helps find what caused the problem.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: NerdUno on February 22, 2011, 05:31:51 AM
Could you post what the default AA DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute should be? I haven't changed these, but I don't see the entries you mentioned. Thanks.

On my OBi110 under "Auto Attendant", I see the following (both have the "Default" checkbox checked, although I had to temporarily uncheck them to be able to copy and paste the strings here):

DigitMap:
([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|(Mpli)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp))

OutboundCallRoute:
{0:ph},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

I did upgrade to the new firmware, so I'm not sure why yours got changed and mine didn't, although I am not using auto-provisioning.  So maybe it's something in the OBiTALK portal rather than the firmware that's causing the problem, or maybe it only occurs only if you have auto-provisioning enabled and you get the new firmware.

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

MichiganTelephone

You should be able to turn Auto-Provisioning back on now — see this thread, particularly the posts by OBi-Guru:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=199.0
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

paulsm

Got my new OBI110 all set up and no problem making/receiving calls.  However, if I call my freeconference.com number I get "Not a valid number" -- could someone point me in the right direction or perhaps this is a limitation of the device?

thanks!

-Paul

RonR

paulsm,

Does the Call History in the OBi show that the correct number was dialed?  Can you connect with this number using a service other than Google Voice?  If so, then it sounds like Google Voice doesn't allow you to call it.

paulsm

Hey Ron,

Great idea.  How do I pull up calling history on the OBI?  Yes, I use Google Voice and it may certainly be a limitation on their end.

thanks!

-Paul

RonR

Status -> Call History

paulsm

Yes, the call history log shows that I called a valid phone number.  Free conference.com is, I'm sure, a VoIP bridge service of some sort.  However, shouldn't I be able to call in?  I did experiment with other free conference number services and they don't seem to work either but I am hoping that it's just a matter of tweaking some values on the OBI.

I did try gotomeeting.com and it DID work!  Not sure if they're a POTS based system but at least I can join webex meetings with gotomeeting. 

Love to hear what anyone else has to say on this topic.

thank you!

-Paul

RonR

Quote from: paulsm on July 09, 2011, 12:41:36 PM
I did try gotomeeting.com and it DID work!

If you can call some numbers OK but not others using Google Voice and they all look correct in the Call History log, your problem is with Google Voice and not with the OBi.

paulsm

Thanks Ron - I was starting to think that Google Voice may be the issue since the Obi has been performing very well.

Appreciate the feedback.

-Paul