News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up 2 Obi110 in different locations

Started by ChrisM, December 02, 2011, 08:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisM

Hi All, I was really excited by the cute animation showing how easy it would be to make calls from different locations through my one existing POTS line.
I'm finding the setup really confusing though and wonder if I am missing a simple set-up guide or if I am expecting something too complicated?
I want to achieve the following:
Location 1: Obi+POTS
Acts as main 'switchboard' any incoming POTS calls rings all devices in my group.
All outgoing calls are routed through POTS line (except to other Obi numbers)
Location 2: Obi only
Acts as an echo of location one, rings when location one rings.
All outgoing calls are routed through POTS line at location 1 with minimum dialling codes/delays (except other Obi numbers)
location 3: Soft Phone
Same as location 2

I can see that this should be possible from bits of other posts I can see, but I'm going around in circles trying to figure out where to put the right codes.

Can anyone help??

RonR

Location 1: OBi110 + PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200222222),pp(ob290123456),ph}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute :

{(200222222|290123456)>(Mli):li},{(200222222|290123456):aa},{ph}

Location 2: OBi110 only

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200111111)

location 3: OBiON / OBiAPP for PC

Voice Gateway : 200111111

where 200111111 is OBiALK number of Location 1, 200222222 is the OBiTALK number of Location 2, and 290123456 is the OBiTALK number of Location 3.

The LINE Port DigitMap supports:

[2-9]11  ->  Local Services
    7-digits  ->  Local Calls
1 + 10-digits  ->  Long Distance Calls

Incoming PSTN calls to Location 1 should simultaneously ring the local phone plus Location 2 and Location 3.  The first to answer gets the call.

Outgoing calls from all locations should use the PSTN Line connected to Location 1 by default.

ChrisM

Wow - amazingly detailed and perfect answer! Thank you so very very much!!
Just took a slight alteration with the digit maps for the UK and it works brilliantly :)
I'm now very impressed with the setup.
Thanks again Ron!
;D

MrGadget

Ron (or anybody else...),

I had to modify your post with some extra digits to support 10-digit dialing for my location (must use AC for local calls). I did this by changing the Location1:PI:LP:DM from your settings to my new setting: ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Can we expand how this works?

I assume the syntax in Location2:PI:PP:DM containing the "<2*>(Mpli)"  tells the Obi to prepend "2*" to call the Location1 (based upon the Speed Dial 2# settings). If not, how do ALL Calls get routed to Location1?

To help understand this, and to expand the functionality, it would be nice to see some additional examples based upon this configuration. So, perhaps expanding the complexity may help others understand how to make routing of calls to other Locations.

Example for routing calls to other locations.

From Location2:
All Service Calls use LOCAL LINE port ([2-9]11)
All 7-digit calls use LOCAL LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-1) use LOCAL LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-2) use LOCATION1 LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-3) use LOCATION3 LINE port (extra credit design, TBD)
All 18xx calls use LOCATION1 LINE port
All CALLS NOT listed above, Use Service Provider1 (yet to be configured GV)

List-1: (404|202|650)
List-2: (408|719|720)
List-3: (212|407|666)

I assume this type of complexity could be created. But what about when you have more than 2 Obi Units? Do you need to setup Gateways and Trunks to help define where the traffic will flow? If you could provide the commands for the above scenario, it may help understand the call process flow.

Where is the best place to find information pertaining to the hierarchy of these devices, in addition to the Obihai Admin Guide. Do the O'Reilly books have anything of use? How "standard" are these commands for other ATA devices?

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Quote from: MrGadget on December 12, 2011, 12:49:27 PM
Can we expand how this works?

I assume the syntax in Location2:PI:PP:DM containing the "<2*>(Mpli)"  tells the Obi to prepend "2*" to call the Location1 (based upon the Speed Dial 2# settings). If not, how do ALL Calls get routed to Location1?

There's a an undocumented feature of the OBiTALK trunk that sends calls in the form n*number out the OBiTALK trunk to the OBi addressed by Speed Dial 'n', passing 'number' to the target OBi to be tested and acted upon in its InboundCallroute.  The '2*' that's prepended to the number by the DigitMap works in conjunction with the {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} rule in the OutboundCallRoute.

To help understand this, and to expand the functionality, it would be nice to see some additional examples based upon this configuration. So, perhaps expanding the complexity may help others understand how to make routing of calls to other Locations.

From Location2:
All Service Calls use LOCAL LINE port ([2-9]11)
All 7-digit calls use LOCAL LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-1) use LOCAL LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-2) use LOCATION1 LINE port
All Area Codes in (List-3) use LOCATION3 LINE port (extra credit design, TBD)
All 18xx calls use LOCATION1 LINE port

List-1: (404|202|650)
List-2: (408|719|720)
List-3: (212|407|666)

I assume this type of complexity could be created. But what about when you have more than 2 Obi Units? Do you need to setup Gateways and Trunks to help define where the traffic will flow? If you could provide the commands for the above scenario, it may help understand the call process flow.

In this case, you'd have to remove the '2*' from the PHONE Port DigitMap and take a different approach.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**8>([2-9]11|xxxxxxx|<1>(404|202|650)xxxxxxx)|<2*1>((408|719|720)xxxxxxx|8xxxxxxxxx)|
<3*1>(212|407|666)xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 3 : PP(ob200333333)

Where is the best place to find information pertaining to the hierarchy of these devices, in addition to the Obihai Admin Guide. Do the O'Reilly books have anything of use? How "standard" are these commands for other ATA devices?

The OBi architecture and syntax is fairly unique, so the Administrator Guide is about all you have to rely on.

FrankHaynes

This is really good and useful info, which is why this is SCREAMING for a wiki to make it easier to index and keep it from scrolling off into posterity.
I'm havin trouble with the Tephone Cumpny!

Ostracus

Quote from: FrankHaynes on December 12, 2011, 07:13:44 PM
This is really good and useful info, which is why this is SCREAMING for a wiki to make it easier to index and keep it from scrolling off into posterity.

Agreed, and I'm wondering why it hasn't happened already?

MrGadget

From Location2:

Ooops. Sorry.
I should have stated that GV would be setup at Location1 using SP1 (I thought it, but didn't state it).  Is this possible, or does Location2 need to have an account with GV also? I would like to route through one GV account, if possible.

Thanks.

This is great stuff. And I agree too, a Wiki is needed here. Reading thousands of posts is unrealistic, even searching them is troublesome.

bukzin

Wow, looks a bit involved for us newbies!

Is the a simple step by step version of this without all of
the 'under the hood' details?

Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: MrGadget on December 23, 2011, 08:37:19 AM

From Location2:

Ooops. Sorry.
I should have stated that GV would be setup at Location1 using SP1 (I thought it, but didn't state it).  Is this possible, or does Location2 need to have an account with GV also? I would like to route through one GV account, if possible.

This is pretty much out of control at this point.  If you'd like help with a particular configuration, please start your own thread and state very specifically what you would like to accomplish.