News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100: Disconnects when placed on a silent hold

Started by sparkhope, December 02, 2011, 10:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkhope

It seems whenever I get placed on a silent hold, the OBI100 disconnects.  I've read on
http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/review-of-the-obihai-obi110-voip-device-part-4-how-to-use-the-obi110-as-an-fxo-port-with-asterisk-and-freepbx/
about the "DetectFarEndLongSilence" setting.  I've scoured the OBI100 settings but can't find anything comparable.  Does the OBI100 have a setting to allow for long silent holds?  As of now it seems that the call hangs up after 15 or maybe 30 seconds.  If I'm placed on hold with music or a periodic tone, the call stays connected.  Only the silent hold disconnects.  Please help. ???

Stewart

For the ITSP profile in question, try setting RTP->KeepAliveInterval to 5.

Try disabling all codecs except G711U and G711A.  For those codecs, make sure that SilenceSuppression is set to no.

If the above does not help, please report:  Provider?  Fail on both incoming and outgoing calls?  If only outoging fails, what destination (country, carrier if known)?  In the first few seconds after being placed on silent hold, i.e. before you get disconnected, look at the Call Status page and refresh it a couple of seconds later.  In the RTP Packet Count field, has tx stopped changing?  Has rx stopped changing?  When on silent hold, if you speak every few seconds, does that prevent the disconnect?

karog

On the Obi web page, go to

Physical Interfaces>LINE Port>PSTN Disconnect Detection section

and set SilenceTimeThreshold to number of seconds to wait before timing out on silence.

RonR

Quote from: sparkhope on December 02, 2011, 10:37:06 AM
It seems whenever I get placed on a silent hold, the OBI100 disconnects.

Quote from: karog on December 09, 2011, 05:00:27 PM
On the Obi web page, go to

Physical Interfaces>LINE Port>PSTN Disconnect Detection section

and set SilenceTimeThreshold to number of seconds to wait before timing out on silence.

There is no LINE Port on an OBi100.