News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Number porting solution?

Started by Viajerozz, December 02, 2011, 05:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viajerozz

Ok, another newbie question. Maybe someone has some experience using Google Voice with CallCentric? I am thinking, if I configure Google Voice as my SP1 and CallCentric as my SP2, maybe it will solve the problem with no number porting (except for cell phones) to Google Voice. If I only use the pay-per-call plan with CallCentric and I port my old phone number to them, will Obi100 ring when people call that SP2 telephone number or do they have to call my SP1 Google voice number? How does that work?

I am thinking, since incoming calls to CallCentric are free, then that would be my "official" telephone number, and when I call out then I would enjoy the benefits of free Google Voice. I do not know if I have to switch between SP1 and SP2 or how it might operate 'automatically'?

Just havent sorted out how all this works yet but if anyone can shed light I would appreciate it!

RonR

The OBi's PHONE Port will ring on incoming calls on any trunk (SP1, SP2, OBiTALK, LINE Port).

Viajerozz

Then that should solve the problem of no number porting for Google, yes? If I use CallCentric and port my number to them. Also, they have 911 service for a small fee. I shold be able to call OUT on CallCentric somehow to use 911 yes? Thanks for your info

RonR

Quote from: Viajerozz on December 02, 2011, 05:37:45 PM
Then that should solve the problem of no number porting for Google, yes? If I use CallCentric and port my number to them.

It would appear so.

Quote from: Viajerozz on December 02, 2011, 05:37:45 PM
Also, they have 911 service for a small fee. I shold be able to call OUT on CallCentric somehow to use 911 yes?

Many users on ths forum successfully use Callcentric at their 911 provider.  It's a simple matter to have the OBi automatically route 911 calls to SP1 or SP2.

Viajerozz

Excellent, thank you. Is there something you can refer me to to tell me how to automatically route 911 calls to SP2?

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap (Default):

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap (Modified):

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute (Default):

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute (Modified):

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Viajerozz

Thanks, I guess that is some sort of script I need to enter on some edit page in the configuration. I will figure it out, thanks