News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get any help

Started by mapiklfish, December 04, 2011, 02:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapiklfish

I posted before and didn't get help so was going to submit a support ticket but can't do that either.  I keep getting the security code is wrong.  (It's not).  Any other ideas?

I can't get or make calls through GV.  I followed the video.

Linda

RevKev

From what I can gather from your previous post (where RonR offered help) you're simply trying to use Google Voice, no other providers, right?

Have you made a call from Google Chat (logged into gmail, make a call through the gmail interface)? You need to do this at least once.

Do you have Google Chat checked in Google Voice as a forwarding phone?

mapiklfish

Yes, there was one offer of help but I had said what all I did and that was the end of it. 

Right, I am just trying to use Google Voice. I do have google chat checked to forward.  I don't know why my support ticket wouldn't go through.  I did make a call through google chat and it did go through.  I called the echo test and it went through ok.  I am wondering if it is because of the forwarding number i had to enter.  It asks for a  number to ring all the phones.  I entered my cell phone number, although I don't want it to ring when the google number is used.  What if I didn't have a cell phone?  What number would I put in there?

RevKev

--> It asks for a  number to ring all the phones.
What asked for a number?

Log on to obitalk. In the OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi device. Under "Configure Your Voice Services" you should have "Google Voice Account" and the status should be "Connected".

If that's not the case, you can click on the gear next to the "Google Voice Account" and make sure your username/password are correct.

If that doesn't work, from the OBi Dashboard, your OBi device, click on "OBi Expert Configuration", click "OK" on the popup alert, then click "Enter OBi Expert". From there, click on "System Status" and check the information listed. Is the IP address correct, DNS server(s), etc.

mapiklfish

Ok, I probably really messed it up now.  I did finally get a ticket to support but now can't find their answer.  They said that both 1 and 2 were set up with google voice, so to change 2 and move it up to 1 (which I didn't really understand how to do).  There wasn't anything in the setup video about setting up an account with anything else so I didn't.  I did download the x-lite 4 from the video.  I just went to sipgate and they are out of phone numbers right now so I went to call centric and tried to configure the softphone with them.  I deleted both items from my obitalk dashboard.  The callcentric phone is still not right.  It says failed to enable, unknown error.  I followed the instructions on their website.  I know some people use callcentric for 911 for $1.50 a mo.  I did not see that option but haven't looked too hard at the site yet.  I just started to configure the softphone.  My phone phone doesn't have to be plugged into the Obi for the softphone to work, right?  The softphone goes through the computer.  Right now I have my phone plugged back into vonage until I can figure this out.  IF I can ever figure this out.

This is really confusing to me so instructions need to be really clear. 

Linda

mapiklfish

I got the softphone to work, I think.  It looks like it is working and I made a test call with it to a 1777 number on their website.

Linda

mapiklfish

Sorry for the double posting, should have put it all in one.  Now, from my obitalk dashboard, both accounts sa not configured.  Before I mess it up any worse, should I configure the sp1 account to call centric and the 2 to google voice?  Does it matter?  Right now the sp2 one is showing the obi box on my dashboard.

RevKev

It doesn't matter a whole lot which service is sp1 or sp2. I'd say make your intended primary service sp1.

I'm assuming you got the softphone (x-lite) working just with callcentric not with your OBi. That's fine if that's what you need but in that configuration, your softphone (x-lite) is totally independent of your OBi.

Anyway, I'd advise to stick to one thing at a time. Get GV working, then move on to callcentric.

-->Right now the sp2 one is showing the obi box on my dashboard.
I don't know what you mean by this. Your dashboard should show a softphone and the OBi device. That they are there does not mean they are configured/working correctly. The softphone on your dashboard does not necessarily coincide with your x-lite softphone (in fact it doesn't at all if x-lite is configured solely for callcentric).

First step first. Configure SP1 for Google Voice...
From your dashboard, click on your OBi device (should be the second item listed, the first being softphone).
From the Device Configuration screen, configure "Service Provider 1". For Google Voice, the only thing you need to enter is your gmail username (something@gmail.com) and gmail password.

Once you submit that, make sure "Service Provider 1" on the "Device Configuration" page says "Connected". If it doesn't, post back here what it does say.

Second step, configure "Service Provider 2" for callcentric. This shouldn't be much different than what you did in x-lite.

mapiklfish

-->Right now the sp2 one is showing the obi box on my dashboard.
I don't know what you mean by this. Your dashboard should show a softphone and the OBi device.

Yes, it shows a softphone as SP1 and the Obi as SP2 so the softphone is on the first line and the Obi is on the second line.

I did what you suggested and it says service not configured for both accounts.

Linda

RevKev

-->Yes, it shows a softphone as SP1 and the Obi as SP2 so the softphone is on the first line and the Obi is on the second line.

No, it doesn't. The OBi isn't one of the services. It will list the softphone and obi at the top of the dashboard - under "My OBi Endpoints" - but these are not your SPx services.

To configure your services (SP1/2) click on the obi under "My OBi Endpoints". Then at the bottom of the screen, you'll see "Configure Voice Services". This is where you're seeing "not configured". Click on the gear icon to configure the service.

mapiklfish

Ok, I think we're talking about the same thing but I probably don't know the right lingo.  Here is a screenshot.  Don't know if it will come through. 

Here is what it says now.
Configure Voice Services
Service Provider 1   Google Voice™ Account   Connected      X 
Service Provider 2   Callcentric account   Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication        (server=204.11.192.38:5060; retrying)

RevKev

Okay, the screen shot shows your end points - a softphone and the OBi device (Home). When you click on "Home" you get the device configuration screen. This is where you see:

Service Provider 1   Google Voice™ Account   Connected      X 
Service Provider 2   Callcentric account   Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication        (server=204.11.192.38:5060; retrying)

So, it looks like you have Google Voice working. Can you make a call out through Google Voice? Can you receive a call via your Google Voice number?

The "403 Incorrect Authentication" status on your callcentric account seems to indicate one of three things are incorrect - 1) the SIP/registration server, 2) your user name, 3) your password.

I haven't used CallCentric but from what I read, the SIP server should be "callcentric.com". Your user id is your CallCentric number (starting with 1777) and only you should know your password. This is your SIP/Phone password, not necessarily your account password used on the CallCentric web site. However, they are the same unless you explicitly changed your SIP password.

mapiklfish

Thanks for the help.  I have not tried the phone yet. I'll work on that today and I'll check my account.  I may have put the wrong password in for callcentric.  I think most of it is right because the phone finally came up and I could use it.  There is also one more solid green light on now.  My computer kept dying yesterday.  I had the blue screen of death 3 times.

mapiklfish

It's working!!  Yay!  So, it doesn't matter that callcentric isn't configured right?  I can get and make calls.

Linda

RevKev

Good to hear. Congratulations.

You can make and receive calls from both of your numbers (Google Voice & CallCentric)?

mapiklfish

I can with Google Voice.  If I call the CallCentric number, it gives me a us cellular customer not available message.  I can't try calling out right now.  My husband has the only usb headset for work and he's using it.  I was able to call out to a test number yesterday with it. 

Linda