News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridged Audio Problem in Firmware 1.3.0 (Build: 2575)

Started by RonR, October 03, 2011, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Obihai Technology,

On 8/5/2011, I reported a problem to you via email regarding calls originating from cell phones calling into the OBi through Google Voice trunks.  If these calls are bridged to certain other trunks using the Auto Attendant, there is no audio, or at best, extremely low and highly distorted audio.  I sent you additional information later the same day and informed you on 8/7/2011 that the problem also existed in the newly released v1.3.

After posting on the forum that I had not received any response to my emails, I was contacted on 8/12/2011 and a remote debugging session was performed.  At the conclusion, I was told you could now reproduce the problem in-house and received the follow email reply:

=====
Thanks for all the information,

Yes, we can reproduce this problem, and we will keep you updated once we
make any progress to this issue.

- Obihai support
=====

I have received no further communication on this subject.

This problem was not corrected and is 100% reproducible in Software Version : 1.3.0 (Build: 2575)

OBiSupport

Hello,

As stated previously, this bug is reproducible and will be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release.

Thank you!
- Obihai support

RonR

This problem was not corrected and is 100% reproducible in Software Version : 1.3.0 (Build: 2586)

Salvatore

Dear Obi team,
Is there an update to this? Is there a workaround to resolve the bridged audio problem?

Salvatore

I upgraded to 1.3.0(2651) but I am still having troubles bridging calls.
Incoming calls come in via SIP. I am able to bridge incoming calls to:

a. ph (connected analog phone line) - no voice at all.
b. SP1 (dial out using SIP) - two way voice.
c. li (connected line to telco/pbx) - no voice.

with 1.2.x all of this is working fine. Is it possible to get the firmware image for 1.2 so we can downgrade? Is there any other alternate solution?

RonR

Quote from: Salvatore on December 05, 2011, 01:58:46 PM
I upgraded to 1.3.0(2651) but I am still having troubles bridging calls.
Incoming calls come in via SIP. I am able to bridge incoming calls to:

a. ph (connected analog phone line) - no voice at all.
b. SP1 (dial out using SIP) - two way voice.
c. li (connected line to telco/pbx) - no voice.

The discussion in this thread is related to bridging Google Voice calls to a program running on a PC called SipToSis.  The problem was totally confined to bridging calls between Google Voice and SipToSis.  If you're not using SipToSis, then it's not related to this thread.

Quote from: Salvatore on December 05, 2011, 01:58:46 PM
with 1.2.x all of this is working fine. Is it possible to get the firmware image for 1.2 so we can downgrade? Is there any other alternate solution?

Once an OBi is upgraded to v1.3, it cannot be downgraded below v1.3.