News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID issue since my upgrade to 1.3.0

Started by Riyas, December 05, 2011, 02:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riyas

Hello,

I have a caller ID issue since my upgrade to 1.3.0. I am in France. Caller ID was working good with : FSK V23 & After first ring.

Since my upgrade, my inbound calls from Line port are not working. Calls from other OBI's and google voice are showing CIDs. I've changed the parameters to FSK Bell 202 and DTMF without success.

Can you please help me on this issue. CID is very important for me.

Thanks

Stewart

For the Line Port, set RingDelay to 6000 (once it's working, you can experiment with lower values).

It that does not help, also try the various options for CallerIDDetectMethod.

If no luck, please post what your Line port is connected to (Freebox, Livebox, France Telecom fixed line, etc.)

Also, confirm that when the OBi is powered off (Line port passed through to phone), caller ID is correctly displayed.

Riyas

Thanks Stewart for your reply. My ring delay was set to 1000. I've increased it to 6000. It's working now. At some point of time, my ring delay was 0 but it was working smoothly. Actually, it's now working with 2000.

Unfortunately it's too long. My phone starts to ring only after 2 rings. By the way, my modem is Freebox.

When OBI is powered off, caller id is displayed immediately.

Thanks again for your help.

Stewart

Assuming that it doesn't conflict with your other requirements for OBi resources or connections to Free's SIP server, you could make and receive calls to your Free number via SIP.  It would ring immediately and there would be no caller ID issue.  Quality should also be somewhat better, as you would avoid needless conversion to analog and back to digital.  Outbound calls would have faster set-up time; no need to send DTMF.

One issue, unless things have recently changed (I switched to Orange, because they had fiber in my building), is that Free does not offer free calling to FR mobiles via SIP, and international calls are blocked altogether.  So, you would still need the Line port connection, using it for calls to mobiles and overseas.

Riyas

Quote from: Stewart on December 05, 2011, 05:19:11 PM
One issue, unless things have recently changed (I switched to Orange, because they had fiber in my building), is that Free does not offer free calling to FR mobiles via SIP, and international calls are blocked altogether.  So, you would still need the Line port connection, using it for calls to mobiles and overseas.

Yes, that's the problem Stewart. I need to call India frequently. Via SIP, I can not do that.

Riyas

Hi,

I've changed my settings. Now all my inbound calls are routed to SIP. My SIP account (freephonie) is configured in SP2. Unfortunately, I still don't recieve the caller ID.

This is the result
Call 2   12/13/2011               22:44:32   
Terminal ID   SP2              PHONE1
Peer Name   06xxxxxxxx   
Peer Number06xxxxxxxx   
Direction   Inbound       Inbound
22:44:32   Ringing   
22:44:35   End Call

I don't know why my telephone is not showing the caller ID.

Can you please help me guys ?

RonR

Riyas,

Have you tried enabling X_SpoofCallerID?  Assuming SP2 uses ITSP Profile B:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : (checked)

Riyas

Quote from: RonR on December 13, 2011, 06:21:43 PM
Riyas,

Have you tried enabling X_SpoofCallerID?  Assuming SP2 uses ITSP Profile B:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : (checked)

Hi RonR,

I've tried it. Unfortunately, it's still not working.

Stewart

On incoming SIP calls, your history shows that caller ID is present, so there must be a problem sending it to the phone.  Possibly, the trouble is with the caller ID format (for the Phone port, try changing CallerIDMethod to V.23), with the ringing signal (try RingFrequency at 30 or RingWaveform  Trapezoidal), or with the cadence (use Ring Profile A; if the phone is not ringing two seconds on and four seconds off, force it to use the standard pattern).

If none of the above helps, if you have a butt set or can rig the equivalent, try to record a "good" caller ID from the Freebox and compare against what the OBi is sending.

Possibly, some of the background info associated with this project http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/cidfr.htm will be useful.

Riyas

Stewart,

Thanks for your help. i've tried your suggestion. It's still not working. It was working before my upgrade to build 2651. I don't know if my problem is related to this upgrade.

I also have an IPPI account (incoming DID number) set into SP1. I have the same problem. In call history, the caller ID is present but my phone is not showing it. I've changed the phone without success (both phones were working good with OBI)

RonR

Riyas,

You've had a couple of times where things did not work and couldn't be explained, but they went away after resetting the OBi to factory defaults and reloading it with the very same settings.  Any chance that's the solution again?