News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Questions on the default Line Port Digitmaps vs. suggested changes for Brazil

Started by larrybob, December 06, 2011, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I am trying to understand the logic and programing of Digitmaps. Below are the default and modified digit maps for the line port in Brazil. I will present my interpretations and questions on why things are there. I hope I can get some help in understanding all this... Larry

Line port default:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
Rule 1 :xxxxxxxS4       any 7 digits 0000000 to 9999999 followed by 4 seconds
Rule 2 : 1xxxxxxxxxx     1 and 10 digits  0000000000 to 9999999999
Rule 3 : xx.   0 to 9 and anything or nothing as long as there are only digits. which means any number at all will be accepted.

Questions : is S4 needed in rule one to allow it to work with rule 2?
                  is there a 10 second delay for rule three?

Line port Brazil:
(1xx|[34]00xxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|90xx.|0xx.)

Rule 1 : 1xx        100 to 199   This will allow emergency and other three digit call starting with 1
Rule 2 : [34]00xxxx  300  or  400 and 4digits 0000 to 9999 This will allow special 300 and 400 calls of 7 digits
Rule 3 : [2-9]xxxxxxx 2-9 and 7 digits 0000000 to 9999999 this is for normal  local calls of 8 digits,
not starting with 1
Rule 4 : 90xx. 90and 0-9 and any digit or nothing  for 9090 followed by 8 digits for local collect
Rule 5 : 0xx.  0 to 9 and anything or nothing as long as there are only digits. which means any number at all will be accepted that starts with 00 to O9

Questiions:

1)there are no s4 delays as in the original. However, it looks like long distance calls starting with 0 will fall under rule 5 and need a 10 second delay to complete?
are s4 delays not needed because none of the conditions overlap? 
Once a number is started with 1 it is know it will be three digits?
why won't rule 2 and rule 3 conflict. Is this because once a 300xxxxor 400xxxx is dialed it is know that an 8th digit will not follow?

2) A local call of 1700xxxx is allowed in some areas for dial up internet access. This would not work with rule 3 and would interfere with rule 1 is this correct?

3) would this fix rule 1 since there are no 170 three digit numbers?
1(^7x)x . I want the rule to be :100 to 199 but 170 to 179 is not allowed. What is the proper syntax to fix Rule 1 . ( If it is possible at all.)
also
4) would you also have to add
Rule 3.5  : 1700xxxx  1700 followed by4 digits  0000 to 9999,to allow these calls? ( I believe calls starting with 1 are presently not allowed under any rule?)
Note : 1700 calls are a special case for dial up internet service in a few areas, it is not important to have this working for me if a fix is complicated.

5) Rule 4 was put in to make  9090xxxxxxxx calls  ( local collect)
would rule: 9090xxxxxxxx  function properly also?   9090 followed by 8 digits 00000000 to 99999999, 
Is it correct that this would not have the 10 second delay of (rule: 90xx.).  Would this interfere with rule 3-so it would not be able to be used?
Note : In reality I think very few 9090 calls are made so the 10 second with the original Rule 4 would not be a problem.

6) A long distance number is dialed in Brazil by
   0cc aa nnnn-nnnn where  cc is the carrier code 11 to 99 (no 0s) and aa is the area code again 11 to 99 (no zeros) n can be any number
Rule :0[1-9][1-9][1-9][1-9]xxxx xxxx    says 0 , then, any 4 digits not having a 0 followed by any 8 digits? Is this rule correct for Brazil long distance?
Would inserting this rule before Rule 5 speed things up for internal long distance calls in Brazil?would this interfere with rule 5?

7) there are also a special class of calls  0300  0303 0500 0800 0900 followed by 7 digits xxx xxxx. I think this the proper rule for this.
Rule :0[1-9]0x xxx xxx  Is this rule correct? Will this work without conflicting with other rules? I would insert it After the rule from question 6.

Finally :
Sao Paulo is running out of numbers, so starting in about a year there will be 9 digits for some new local numbers that will be given out there ! I think having the possibility of 8 or nine numbers for a local call will muck everything up! ( or at least create the need for some additional rules and changes to the above) I will worry about this when the  time comes, and i get exact details how this will be implemented. Note: In Sao Paulo there are more cell phone numbers than people. The reason for this is, it is very very expensive to call from a cell phone of one company to a cell phone of a different company. Because of this, people buy a chip from each company, and swap the chips in their phone, or buy a special phone that can hold multiple chips. There are phones available that hold 4 chips at the same time.

Summary:
can 1700xxxx numbers be made to be acceptable without adding time delays?( If not; it is not important if these  numbers are not allowed.)
Can a rule :  9090xxxxxxxx be included  to speed up  local collect calls, without messing things up. ( It would be nice, but not really important to speed this kind of call, since these calls are rarely made.)
Most important:
It seems to me that Rule :0[1-9][1-9][1-9][1-9]xxxx xxxx  and rule: 0[1-9]0x xxx xxx , will work to speed up long distance and 0800 type calls without interfering with other rules if it was placed before rule 5 ??

Next, when I understand this stuff....in another post I will analyze the Phone Port Digitmap with questions of how the Phone port digitmap and Line port digitmap work together.:)

Larry

RonR

larrybob,

You need to start out by dowloading the OBi Device Administration Guide.  You'll need to study and have a thorough understanding of the following sections:

DIGIT MAP CONFIGURATION
DIGIT MAP RULES AND ELEMENTS
MATCHING AGAINST MULTIPLE RULES IN DIGIT MAP