News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing prefix #0 for selecting 2nd PSTN line

Started by marcb, December 06, 2011, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcb

My Obi110 is connected to a 2-line switch (AX-520). L1 is the default line and is used for calling landlines, which is, by the way, free of charge. I would like to use L2 exclusively for calling cell phones. This service is free of charge after 5 pm.

The switch requires a prefix #0 to be dialed in order to access that line.

In the Line Port Digit Map I have added <#0>04xxxxxxxx (the cell phone numbers always begin with 04 and are 10 digits long) but this does not work.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Marc

RonR

What shows in the OBi's Call History when you dial a 04 number?

MB..

You need to look at the OutboundCallRoute for the PHONE port.

The digitmap determines the numbers a port will accept (and mangles them, if required)

The OutboundCallRoute determines which of the outbound ports will get the call. The first matching rule will determine where he call will go.

(Sorry, my Obi terminology is a bit rusty - but hopefully this (plus the online manual) is enough to point you in the right direction.)

RonR

MB is probably onto your problem.  You don't need to change the OutboundCallRoute, but your DigitMap needs to accept the number after the transformation occurs:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (<#0>04xxxxxxxx|#004xxxxxxxx|...)

marcb

Quote from: RonR on December 06, 2011, 03:37:44 PM
What shows in the OBi's Call History when you dial a 04 number?

Obi's Call History shows #004xxxxxxxx

Quote from: MB.. on December 06, 2011, 03:39:25 PM
You need to look at the OutboundCallRoute for the PHONE port.

The digitmap determines the numbers a port will accept (and mangles them, if required)

The OutboundCallRoute determines which of the outbound ports will get the call. The first matching rule will determine where he call will go.

(Sorry, my Obi terminology is a bit rusty - but hopefully this (plus the online manual) is enough to point you in the right direction.)

I have explicitly added an OutboundCallRoute in the PHONE Port for this number combination - {(<#:>|#004xxxxxxxx|911):li} - but I get a message from the line operator that the number does not exist.

Quote from: RonR on December 06, 2011, 04:17:04 PM
MB is probably onto your problem.  You don't need to change the OutboundCallRoute, but your DigitMap needs to accept the number after the transformation occurs:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (<#0>04xxxxxxxx|#004xxxxxxxx|...)

Adding this to the DigitMap results in the same error message, phone number does not exist.

By the way I am using firmware version 1.3.0 (build 2586) and have noticed that an update is available, though I cannot find any information in the section devoted to upgrades in this forum.

Thanks for your help.

RonR

marcb,

It's best to make the change I suggested to the DigitMap and not modify the OutboundCallRoute.

If the message is coming from your PSTN provider, then the OBi is routing the call to the PSTN Line.

If the Peer Number shown in the right-hand column under LINE1 in the OBi's Call History is what you wanted to go to the AX-520, then your problem is not with the OBi.

marcb

Dear RonR,

Now I only have the DigitMap changed as you suggested. The Obi is indeed correctly routing the call to L2, the L2 led is active, no doubt about that.

The peer number in the call history is the one which has to be sent from the Obi. If I dial the same number sequence from a phone connected to the AX-520 in place of the Obi, then it works fine.

Isn't there a way to pause the dialing for a second right after #0?

Marc

RonR

Unfortunately, the OBi doesn't support pauses.

Stewart

If you take out the special config for #0, pressing # should cause the OBi to connect directly to the Line port and you'll hear dial tone from your AX-520.  Then, dial #0, wait for new dial tone and dial the 04 number.

obi-support2

marcb,

Yes you can insert pauses after #0.
Here is 1 way to do it, by
inserting a rule in the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute, like this.

{(<#:>|<#004:#0,,,,,,,,04>xxxxxxxx|911):li}

Each comma inserts about 200 ms of pause. You can
add enough comma according to what you need.

----

Note: Do not insert the comma's in DigitMap; only in OutboundCallRoute.
Note: Since # and #0... are all legit digit patterns, with this you will experience 2s delay when trying to invoke
PSTN dial tone by dialing # (since OBi needs to make sure you don't mean #0...). You can consider using a different pattern to explicitly invoke PSTN dial tone, such as ##.

OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

Quote from: obi-support2 on December 08, 2011, 09:46:07 AM
Yes you can insert pauses...

It sure would be nice to have these kinds of things documented somewhere.

Note: Since # and #0... are all legit digit patterns, with this you will experience 2s delay when trying to invoke
PSTN dial tone by dialing # (since OBi needs to make sure you don't mean #0...). You can consider using a different pattern to explicitly invoke PSTN dial tone, such as ##.

A possibly more elegant solution that doesn't interfere with dialing # to invoke a PSTN dialtone:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (<+>04xxxxxxxx|...)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCall Route : ...,{(<#:>|<+:#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx|911):li},...

marcb

Quote from: Stewart on December 07, 2011, 06:38:01 PM
If you take out the special config for #0, pressing # should cause the OBi to connect directly to the Line port and you'll hear dial tone from your AX-520.  Then, dial #0, wait for new dial tone and dial the 04 number.

Thanks Stewart, but this is not really practical. I prefer using numbers stored in memory. Thanks anyway.

marcb,

Yes you can insert pauses after #0.
Here is 1 way to do it, by
inserting a rule in the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute, like this.

{(<#:>|<#004:#0,,,,,,,,04>xxxxxxxx|911):li}

----

Note: Do not insert the comma's in DigitMap; only in OutboundCallRoute.

This gave no positive result. There was a problem with the Call route. Thanks anyway.

Quote from: RonR on December 08, 2011, 11:32:11 AM
Yes you can insert pauses...

It sure would be nice to have these kinds of things documented somewhere.

A possibly more elegant solution that doesn't interfere with dialing # to invoke a PSTN dialtone:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (<+>04xxxxxxxx|...)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCall Route : ...,{(<#:>|<+:#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx|911):li},...

Dear RonR,

I implemented your proposal and it works just fine. Thanks again and sorry for replying so late, but I found no occasion to test it earlier.

A follow up question: how can I dial out via the second line using the Obitalk application for Iphone? I can dial 04xxxxxxxx numbers but line 1 is used instead of line 2.

Marcb
Marcb

RonR

Quote from: marcb on December 18, 2011, 01:34:48 PM
A follow up question: how can I dial out via the second line using the Obitalk application for Iphone? I can dial 04xxxxxxxx numbers but line 1 is used instead of line 2.

marcb,

Call routing from OBiON Apps is handled by OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute rules in the OBi.  OutboundCallRoutes are not used.  According to obi-support2, pauses (commas) can only be used in OutboundCalRoutes.

You might want to try an experiment to see if pauses (commas) are also valid in InboundCallRoute rules (I'd run the test here, but my LINE Port is incoming only).  Temporarily set the following:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx):li}

Then dial an 04 number from your OBiON App and see if the pauses work and the call goes through properly.  If it does, I'm pretty sure we can come up with a satisfactory solution.

If pauses are not allowed in an InoundCallRoute rule, then your only option is to place calls from your OBiON App using the OBi Auto Attendant.  The Auto Attendant has its own DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute that can be modified similar to the PHONE Port to support the pauses.

marcb

RonR,

Apparently pauses are allowed in the OBITALK Service InboundCallRoute because it works. After a few test calls I noticed that a new call was no longer initiated (nothing happens when choosing a contact's number), I guess this might be a problem with the OBiON App, since restarting the App solved that problem.

Ideally I would still have to add *31* in front of the 04 number and  # at the end in order to mask the originating number, because I do not want people to call that number.

marcb

RonR

Quote from: marcb on December 20, 2011, 12:53:32 PM
Apparently pauses are allowed in the OBITALK Service InboundCallRoute because it works. After a few test calls I noticed that a new call was no longer initiated (nothing happens when choosing a contact's number), I guess this might be a problem with the OBiON App, since restarting the App solved that problem.

That's what I suspected and hoped for, but obi-support2 made it sound like pauses would only be honored in the OutboundCallRoute.  Give me a little time and I'll work up an OBiTALK InboundCallRoute that should solve your problem.

Ideally I would still have to add *31* in front of the 04 number and  # at the end in order to mask the originating number, because I do not want people to call that number.

I don't know what you're referring to here.

RonR

marcb,

The following should make calling from your OBiON App work properly.

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(Mcot)>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx):li},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Replace pli above (2 places) with the desired PrimaryLine for your OBiON App (sp1, sp2, li, or pp).

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX
Label : cot
DigitMap : (290123456)

where 290123456 is your OBiON App OBiTALK number.

Calls from your OBiON App will go out the designated OBiON App PrimaryLine by default, but **1, **2, **8, and **9 may be used to select an alternate trunk.  04xxxxxxxx calls will go out the LINE Port by default as well as in conjunction with **8, with #0 followed by a 1 second delay prepended.

marcb

Quote from: RonR on December 20, 2011, 01:08:00 PM

I don't know what you're referring to here.

When I want to make an anonymous call (the phone number of the fixed line used to make the call will not appear on the other person's handset) I need to dial *31*04xxxxxxxx# (prefix *31* - suffix #) 04xxxxxxxx being a cell phone number.

RonR

Try this for the *31*04xxxxxxxx# cases in additon to 04xxxxxxxx:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (<+>(04xxxxxxxx|*31*04xxxxxxxx#)|...)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCall Route:

...,{(<#:>|<+:#0,,,,,>(04xxxxxxxx|*31*04xxxxxxxx#)|911):li},...

{(Mcot)>(<#0,,,,,>(04xxxxxxxx|*31*04xxxxxxxx#)):li},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(<#0,,,,,>(04xxxxxxxx|*31*04xxxxxxxx#))):li},
{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(<#0,,,,,>(04xxxxxxxx|*31*04xxxxxxxx#))):li},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Replace pli above (2 places) with the desired PrimaryLine for your OBiON App (sp1, sp2, li, or pp).

I don't have any experience with how OBiON App's handle dialing #, so the *31*04xxxxxxxx# calls may not work from there (there's no DigitMap or other configuration option in an OBiON App).

marcb

Quote from: RonR on December 20, 2011, 02:12:22 PM
marcb,

The following should make calling from your OBiON App work properly.

{(Mcot)>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx):li},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(<#0,,,,,>04xxxxxxxx)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

I've replaced pli with li meaning the fixed line which I want to use in this case.

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX : (290123456)

This is not really clear to me. I have added my Obion App OBITALK number between brackets in the User Defined Digit Map2 -> DigitMap and added Marc's Iphone as Label.

When I call a 04xxxxxxxx number from OBITALK, it simply rings my Obi110 phone. I guess I must have missed something.

Calls from your OBiON App will go out the designated OBiON App PrimaryLine by default, but **1, **2, **8, and **9 may be used to select an alternate trunk.  04xxxxxxxx calls will go out the LINE Port by default as well as in conjunction with **8, with #0 followed by a 1 second delay prepended.

RonR

Quote from: marcb on December 21, 2011, 10:45:06 AM
When I call a 04xxxxxxxx number from OBITALK, it simply rings my Obi110 phone. I guess I must have missed something

I corrected the problem in Reply 17 (I forgot to list the Label):