News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Asterisk setup with OBi110

Started by justin, February 22, 2011, 12:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganTelephone

Typically when you see that message it means that you're trying to send out more calls on a provider than it can handle (by the way, that's also not the correct SIP message that the OBi should be returning in that situation, since  FreePBX/Asterisk sees that as a "line busy" and that prevents it from falling through to another free trunk, if one is available — I'm told that will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update, and then it hopefully should send a more appropriate type of SIP message back to Asterisk in that situation).

I've seen that message when I've deliberately tried to do something like send a second call to the LINE port when it was already in use, or send a second call to Google Voice before the most recent firmware update that bumped the maximum simultaneous calls 2.  I think that it could also happen if, for example, you tried to send a call to the LINE port but the phone line wasn't connected, or if you tried to send a call to Google Voice or a SIP provider but the OBi wasn't registering with GV or the provider for whatever reason.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

justin

Could Obi110 have a feature code set that Im not aware of that would cause this?

MichiganTelephone

If it does, I'm not aware of it either.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

justin

Is there a debug mode for the obi110 that I could run to see how it handles the request?

RonR

There's not a lot of documentation on it, but the OBi Device Administration Guide (OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf) does indicate there is Syslog Server support and more than one area of debug information available.

justin

How would I check to see if a feature code was set?

Looking in the device admin guide I see that this...

AnonymousCallBlockEnable

might get set via a feature code and respond with 486 (busy).

justin

is anyone else have this working? Could there be a obi110 config file that I would import?

justin

Is there any other fixes that might work? Like if I bought another Obi110 could I use it only for outgoing calls and get it work?

This is VERY frustrating as This is the reason I bought the OBi110 was to replace my SPA-3102 that stinks with DTMF. BTW no issues with DTMF or Echo with the OBI110. But I still cannot use it for out going calls.

MichiganTelephone

For the benefit of anyone else who stumbles across this thread and is having a similar issue, I had a voice conversation with Justin tonight and we were able to determine that the problem with using the Line port for outgoing calls was in the X_InboundCallRoute setting for Service Provider 2 (the Asterisk trunk in this configuration).  I sent him a copy of the string in e-mail and it started working.  This is the relevant part of the string (note this does not include the part that handles the extension connected to the phone port, nor does it handle 911 calls, this is just for demonstration purposes:

{>(*x.|1xxx xxx xxxx):li}, {>(<ob> xxx xxx xxx):pp}

The first section sends any service code starting with a * character (the *x. pattern) OR (the | character represents OR in this context) an 11 digit PSTN number (the 1xxx xxx xxxx pattern) to the LINE port (:li).  The second section sends any 9 digit number (the xxx xxx xxx pattern) to the OBiTALK network (:pp), but only after prepending ob (the <ob> part of the string) to the number.  If you don't want to send the * service codes you could leave off the *x.| part.  If you wanted to send three digit numbers that end in 11 plus 11 digit numbers to the line port, you could replace that part of the pattern (the part between the parenthesis) with [2-9]xx|1xxx xxx xxxx (if you wanted to exclude 411 you could use [235-9]xx|1xxx xxx xxxx instead) and so on.

Naturally, all this assumes that Asterisk and FreePBX are set up to send calls that match those patterns to the OBi device in the first place.

vtsnaab

This thread now has 1 1/2 pages of pure board spam !!!